• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Will the Manning Hire Be a Success or a failure?

We can look back in 4 years

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
And by failure I mean Wake is looking for a new coach in 3 or 4 years because the team is mired in meh and it's obvious Manning can't coach in the ACC.

Dude I was virulently angry about the Manning hire and even I think you need to STOP.

Dude I was virulently angry about the Manning hire and even I think you need to STOP.

we can do this poll, and see who is right and who is wrong.

nothing unreasonable about this poll at all

except i misspelled failure

I think he is a true high risk/high reward candidate, but I'm gonna be optimistic here and assume he rewards us taking the gamble on him.

2 C's and 2 S's... that's how you spell SUCCESS

hmmm...that's actually 3 S's, isn't it? My teacher lied to me!

I think we will be looking for a new coach in 3-4 years, but I think it is because Manning will move on to another position. He'll do well enough to get us back in the tournament by year 3 (hopefully sooner, but the huge junior class is an issue) and someone else will come calling for him not long after. Surprised you didn't make it public, though.

His resume suggests high risk / high reward. Some of the off-resume stuff suggests that high reward is more likely. Success.

I think we will be looking for a new coach in 3-4 years, but I think it is because Manning will move on to another position. He'll do well enough to get us back in the tournament by year 3 (hopefully sooner, but the huge junior class is an issue) and someone else will come calling for him not long after. Surprised you didn't make it public, though.

They better bring their checkbook. I think this likelihood is low without some sort of whopper success that would attract possible elite program attention.

Last edited:
I think the X factor is how effectively he will recruit here. I have no idea, but I'd like to think he might do some special things in this area. Let's hope he get some big timers here (and hatch doesn't handcuff him with BS academic shit)

Whoppers for all!

i am pretty sure I did make it public

if anyone else started this poll, no one would blink an eye

it is a fair question to be addressed

all those other threads were just to stir up the drama of the coaching search

they can lock them up for all i care

Only time will tell but remember all head coaches were assistants at some point in their careers. This is not a home run hire but I think he will do fine. I think the question is will he be given enough time to rebuild the program. It's going to take at least 5 years if not less.

The poll before set up a good standard. The first survey is the pre-presser poll. The second survey should be post-presser, IMO.

Hope the 90% or so of the fanbase that think this will be a successful hire are proven correct.

Back