• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Eh, Parker was not the difference in this series. He brought nothing in this game.

Eh, Parker was not the difference in this series. He brought nothing in this game.

Because he had a sprained ankle. He's a six time All Star, winning without that on the court is impressive.

He had 8 points in the first half and is the focal point for the pick and rolls. He's an important cog in a well-oiled machine. Duncan's performance and the performance of the team on the road without Parker in a close-out game against the MVP was impressive.

The versatility of Manu and Diaw were huge.

diaw3.gif

Because he had a sprained ankle. He's a six time All Star, winning without that on the court is impressive.

Game 1 14/12
Game 2 22/5
Game 3 9/4
Game 4 14/4
Game 5 12/4
Game 6 8/0

How many PEDs will Wade use this year to defeat the Spurs???

Game 1 14/12
Game 2 22/5
Game 3 9/4
Game 4 14/4
Game 5 12/4
Game 6 8/0

Youre nuts. Games 4-6 mean nothing because of his injured ankle. He played very well in games 1 and 2. Terribly in 3 and the Spurs lost. I am a big Patty Mills fan and think he needs to play more, but to act like Parker means nothing is a bit much.

Youre nuts. Games 4-6 mean nothing because of his injured ankle. He played very well in games 1 and 2. Terribly in 3 and the Spurs lost. I am a big Patty Mills fan and think he needs to play more, but to act like Parker means nothing is a bit much.

Not saying he's nothing, when he's 'on' he can be unstoppable, the problem is teams have been able to design defenses to stop him in long series. If you had to pick a PG to win you game 7 of the NBA finals is he in your top 5? 10 and 4 last year FWIW.

Not saying he's nothing, when he's 'on' he can be unstoppable, the problem is teams have been able to design defenses to stop him in long series. If you had to pick a PG to win you game 7 of the NBA finals is he in your top 5? 10 and 4 last year FWIW.

If he's not in your top 5, who the hell is? I'd hear arguments for Paul, Curry, Westbrook, and Lillard. After that, you're lying to yourself.

Because Parker has been excelling at his move pick and drive they take it for granted. It is incredibly insane that a smallish pg is one of the leading scorers in te league in the paint. He has to be almost in perfect health from te waist down to keep playing like that.

I keep pointing out that he does more exercises before a game to strengthen and warm up his tendons than anybody I've ever seen. Many now does it too. Most players stretch. But the last few years he has been beat up a bit by game 90-100 of the season. Most if that is because of what he is doing on the court. I don't think he can play that way for much longer. Or only in spots

If you had to rate the Thunder's chances in San Antonio without Ibaka versus the Spurs' chances in OKC without Parker (even for just a half), you'd take the Thunder every time. That's the one big takeaway I had from Game 6 the other night.

If you had to rate the Thunder's chances in San Antonio without Ibaka versus the Spurs' chances in OKC without Parker (even for just a half), you'd take the Thunder every time. That's the one big takeaway I had from Game 6 the other night.

Wait, wut?

Okay, not the only thing but certainly an interesting one. And Miami has to be thinking about that.

The Spurs win largely because of TD and the system they have in place. That being said, TP is the only guy on that team who can get points out of nowhere and keep the momentum going for the Spurs. Kawhi is getting to that point, but doesn't have it as consistently as TP yet.

Back