• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

The Spurs win largely because of TD and the system they have in place. That being said, TP is the only guy on that team who can get points out of nowhere and keep the momentum going for the Spurs. Kawhi is getting to that point, but doesn't have it as consistently as TP yet.

I would certainly put Manu in that group. Both have incredible ability to get to the rim from the top of the key.

I would certainly put Manu in that group. Both have incredible ability to get to the rim from the top of the key.

I wouldn't argue with that. I thought about including him as well, but he's not the Manu of years past though.

I wouldn't argue with that. I thought about including him as well, but he's not the Manu of years past though.

Without spending much time looking at the stats, it seems like he is playing a hell of a lot better in these playoffs than he has in years.

I agree 1000% and that is what had me screaming at the tv when he settled for that weak, fall-away jumper at the end of regulation. I figured that OKC would win in OT. Had it not been for their abysmal shooting and the will of TD in OT, they would have been playing game 7 tonight. If you want to see a great play and REACTION - someone find the shot that TD made to put them up 3 with about 20 secs to go in OT. Watch his reaction. Not sure I have ever seen a reaction like that from TD.

mapfixed1152.png

hubris? Are you for real? The most professional organization in America is going to be a victim of ... hubris and THAT will be their demise?

You have been watching too much Game of Thrones yo

Most professional organization in America?

PRECISELY my point. Thanks for proving it.

You are confusing MY hubris with theirs.

You are not proving anything other than you are a fool. And I meant sports organization btw

It's like the whole country forgot who the back to back defending champs who can turn it on effortlessly are. Everyone assumed that because Bestbrook and Durant flamed out easily in game 6 that the Heat are gonna roll over and do the same. The Heat cruised at 80% capacity throughout the playoffs so far. They're ready. Spurs aren't.

Dude. The Spurs may very well get beaten, but not because of their hubris, dumbass. But for the reasons you just listed.

BpK0dQtCUAI_CWx.png

even the ocean thinks the spurs have this in the bag

this will go to the spurs head

I guess you are just fucking with me. Nobody rationally thinks that what fans want or who fans think will win have any bearing on the 30 or so people who matter - the players and coaches of both teams. Pretty sure everyone involved on both teams has a healthy respect for the other to the point where "hubris" won't be a factor for anyone.

Wow, a two week stay at my villa in Mykonos and while I'm gone this place goes to hell in a hand basket. Watching TownieDeac and jaybone fight, while terribly entertaining, is just sad. You've got TownieDeac, a Heat bandwagon fan against jaybone who knows literally nothing about basketball. He didn't even know that Kawhi Leonard had big hands! LOL! I can't even cheer for a winner. It's like when SHOWBE and the Lakers used to play the Sacramento Queens.

Anyways, if you think the me-first thugs from the Heat can contain the international flavor in San Antonio you got another thing coming, partner. Yes, LeBron James is a good basketball player but he's afraid to take the big shots. As long as Dwayne Wade doesn't get his steroid treatment like he did last year (and yes I have proof of this). BTW, the Heat are missing their only wholesome, team first basketball player in Mike Miller. Give me my Spurs in 5 games. #GoSpursGo

I guess you are just fucking with me. Nobody rationally thinks that what fans want or who fans think will win have any bearing on the 30 or so people who matter - the players and coaches of both teams. Pretty sure everyone involved on both teams has a healthy respect for the other to the point where "hubris" won't be a factor for anyone.

they're not drones man

duncan is clearly as publicly riled up as he's ever been, making guarantees and shit

there's a difference between swagger (heat) and overconfidence/hubris (spurs)

What's the deal with that Brews guy on the other thread? Is he a Heat bandwagoner or just a troll?

Somewhere, the Johnny Maziel Fan Club is missing an idiot.

Back