• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Anybody remember the baseball guy from a few years ago who said that players from the Caribbean were better equipped to play in the heat than American players? Maybe he's onto something. Did you see how well Duncan played last night versus his American and European counterparts? Of course everyone called that guy a racist, so don't repeat that.

How bout that game from Chalmers last night. It's like he's never played basketball before. Like maybe the pulled a linebacker off the football team and needed him to contribute minutes for an injured player.

Allen and Wade seemed fine with the conditions.

And Lebron is just prone to cramping. Happened to him in OKC too. In a "normal," air conditioned game. It's not a knock on him, it's just something he's got to deal with. No question him being out effected the game but the talking heads are acting like the Spurs had no chance last night.

Where was all this discussion when the Spurs had to win two games this post-season, including on the road in OKC, without Parker? Lebron goes out and the Spurs are "lucky."

This bullshit about "the Heat feel slighted" is one of the most pathetic whines in recent NBA history.

As Mark Jackson said, he used to play in hotter conditions outside in NYC all the time. Like Spo said, both teams had to play under the same conditions.

It's not like when the Celtics had AC in their locker room before the game and at halftime while the heat was on full blast in the opponent's locker room.

Both teams had to play in the heat, but only one team asks one player to do 80 percent of the work. I hope pop did plant a bad fuse. Freaking brilliant if so. Built > bought

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Both teams had to play in the heat, but only one team asks one player to do 80 percent of the work. I hope pop did plant a bad fuse. Freaking brilliant if so. Built > bought

Exactly. Pop benched Duncan for most of the 3rd to rest him. Almost the same with Parker.

Both teams had to play in the heat, but only one team asks one player to do 80 percent of the work.

Bullshit. Miami is all about the Big 3 and those 7 or 8 titles they were bringing to South Beach. When Lebron was in Cleveland and getting swept by the Spurs in the 07 Finals, it was Lebron with 80%+ of the workload. I'll buy that argument in Cleveland. But when he's got the likes of Wade, Bosh, and the Chalmers/Anderson/Allen contingent. Lebron only averaged 5 more minutes per game than Bosh or Wade. No, the 2014 Heat aren't the Cavs.

That may be true, 94, but they played at only 20% effectiveness in the last 7 minutes.

That may be true, 94, but they played at only 20% effectiveness in the last 7 minutes.

Lebron, contrary to popular opinion, doesn't cover 5 players at the same time. As I said earlier, Lebron being on the bench 100% changed that game. But he's not guarding Green and Kawhi at the same time. He's not on Parker in the corner and the rotating to Diaw at the rim. Miami's defensive breakdown didn't *just* happen because Lebron's out. The Spurs got hot in the 4th- certainly something they've done many times before.

I'm not happy with the huge deal the press is making of this this morning. This is just going to pump James up more for game 2.

True. And Duncan was #2 on the Spurs at just over 33 minutes, more than 4 of the Heat starters and only 20 seconds less than Bosh.

Both rested for long stretches in the 3rd quarter.

I'm not happy with the huge deal the press is making of this this morning. This is just going to pump James up more for game 2.

Most definitely, but if you can take the haymaker on Sunday, that's a good thing. James can score 50, and the Heat could lose.

Lbj led the game in scoring right?
He goes out of a two pt game and they get beat by two touchdowns.

Last edited:

Meh. It's the NBA Finals. Pretty sure he was plenty pumped up last night too. Didn't you see his 'This isn't Game 1, this is Game 7 pregame speech?' James fired himself up for Game 1 by being offended by Duncan's comments earlier in the week.

In case anyone missed it:
jerseyJ_medium.gif

Meh. It's the NBA Finals. Pretty sure he was plenty pumped up last night too. Didn't you see his 'This isn't Game 1, this is Game 7 pregame speech?' James fired himself up for Game 1 by being offended by Duncan's comments earlier in the week.

This Heat team is really externally motivated. Lebron is sensitive like Brews. He flips the apeshit switch with criticism all the time.

Back