• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Maybe it is just me, but if the Dolphins play outdoors in Miami in full pads without AC, surely the Heat can play some hoops in shorts and a thousand TV timeouts when it gets up to 90 indoors. That is like standard temps for a Dook home game and ESPN salivates over it.

That being said, some people handle heat and humidity very well, and others just don't. LBJ clearly falls into the latter category, as do I. My running times are horrific in July and August and always have been. I think I recall they cancelled the Chicago marathon a few years ago mid-run because they were running out of water at the water stops and people were dropping like flies.

Not just the Dolphins. Kids all over the country are playing pickup games in this kind of heat. Football teams at different levels practice and play in this heat.

Maybe it is just me, but if the Dolphins play outdoors in Miami in full pads without AC, surely the Heat can play some hoops in shorts and a thousand TV timeouts when it gets up to 90 indoors. That is like standard temps for a Dook home game and ESPN salivates over it.

That being said, some people handle heat and humidity very well, and others just don't. LBJ clearly falls into the latter category, as do I. My running times are horrific in July and August and always have been. I think I recall they cancelled the Chicago marathon a few years ago mid-run because they were running out of water at the water stops and people were dropping like flies.

Dudes cramp all the time in football. Not to mention the actual time of playing is probably like 5 minutes per guy of actual active time in football versus playing 30+ minutes in basketball. Not to say one is easier than the other, just that it's an odd comparison.

Has LeBron's endurance ever been questioned before? He plays probably close to 90 games per year and plays 40 minutes per game, typically with the ball in his hands and doing a lot of moving around on defense at a frenetic pace. He's cramped up badly, what two or three times? It happens. It's a big story because of when it happened, but it's a pretty freak occurrence, not some sort of larger story about his physique.

Dudes cramp all the time in football. Not to mention the actual time of playing is probably like 5 minutes per guy of actual active time in football versus playing 30+ minutes in basketball. Not to say one is easier than the other, just that it's an odd comparison.

Has LeBron's endurance ever been questioned before? He plays probably close to 90 games per year and plays 40 minutes per game, typically with the ball in his hands and doing a lot of moving around on defense at a frenetic pace. He's cramped up badly, what two or three times? It happens. It's a big story because of when it happened, but it's a pretty freak occurrence, not some sort of larger story about his physique.

LeBron may have played more competitive basketball minutes over a 4 year span than anyone else in bball history. 2011 Finals, 2012 Finals, 2012 Olympics, 2013 Finals, 2014 Finals.

Last edited:
lbj didnt play the final 7 minutes and racked up 33 minutes. that was the issue. the spurs depth allowed them to give their best players more rest.

Not just the Dolphins. Kids all over the country are playing pickup games in this kind of heat. Football teams at different levels practice and play in this heat.

we used to do two-a-days in august in florida. that was awful and a big reason i quit playing football after my soph year of hs. the idiot coaches got bone-dogs for 15 yos puking their guts out.

LeBron may have played more competitive basketball minutes over a 4 year span than anyone else in bball history. 2011 Finals, 2012 Finals, 2012 Olympics, 2013 Finals, 2014 Finals.

Definitely. He plays far more than 90 competitive games a year. Closer to 110-120.

But if he's going to be the greatest of all-time, he's got to get past that.

I don't understand the debate about the cramping. Bottom line is LeBron couldn't play in crunch time, and every Heat game is a referendum on LeBron.

Definitely. He plays far more than 90 competitive games a year. Closer to 110-120.

But if he's going to be the greatest of all-time, he's got to get past that.

What does this even mean? Do you think he doesn't train hard enough? The medical staff let him down?

I mean, he did go on his honeymoon last summer when he could've been training...

Would he have been expected to play if he rolled his ankle? If he can't move he can't move. Maybe he cramps up a once every few years in a big spot because he's the most athletic guy in that size body ever. Yeah it looks bad for him but that's just because people are idiots.

This is a physiological issue with Lebron and not something he has any control over. You simply cannot question his conditioning or physical development. The man is a specimen. I truly think this is just something he's got to consciously address pre-game and during. Remember, he cramped in OKC too. With the AC on. He can't control his disposition for cramping any more than he can control the length of his arms. That said, phan's post is on point: this series will come down to SA's ability to rest starters and reach down into the bench. Their second string is better than some teams' starters. Not Miami obviously but they're have great, experienced bench players.

What does this even mean? Do you think he doesn't train hard enough? The medical staff let him down?

If he's going to accept the challenge, he needs to rise to it.

If he's going to accept the challenge, he needs to rise to it.

Do you think he has some sort of control over whether or not he cramps outside of the precautions he's already taking?

we used to do two-a-days in august in florida. that was awful and a big reason i quit playing football after my soph year of hs. the idiot coaches got bone-dogs for 15 yos puking their guts out.

Oh Jesus, you should have seen the two-a-days we did growing up down here in Tejas. Water was a privilege, not a right. We didn't complain like the pussy millennials I've run into on this board. Football is much better without nancyboys like you. How dare you threaten something that is a part of Americana like High School football. Friday night football creates the men that will run this country one day.

why i work in accounting software and not the nfl. #nancyboy

I saw an ESPN poll where like 70% of the people think the Spurs are going to win the finals (and people in general have been saying they'd beat the Heat this year, even before the finals started). Last year the matchup was the same, the stars were the same, Spurs were allegedly deeper, and were up 1-0 in the Finals. Are there some key additions / subtractions to either team that are pushing the Spurs over the top this year? Or is that opinion based more on regular season records? I really hope the Spurs can get it done this year, would love to see another ring for Timmy.

Back