• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

There's an easy way to do things, and then there's the Spurs way of doing things. It's refreshing to see an organization like the Spurs still projecting respectable values on AND off the court amid a sea of teams who operate under hip hop values. You can have your your lob cities and south beaches, I personally a prefer a team where everyone works together and doesn't hesitate to make the smart play rather than the flashy play.

Watching the Thunder Clippers game the other night, I wasn't sure if they played the same game as the Spurs. Lots of one on one, look at me showboating. Even the pregame outfits they wore were excessively loud and garish. Our own Chris Paul forgot the fundamentals of the game and completely fell apart in the final minute, something that might not have happened if he had valued education and commitment over money and fame and stayed 4 years like Tim. Or maybe he was just thinking about his next State Farm commercial.

If only Kawhi would cut his hair then the Spurs would be the perfect team!

m8rBaCZ.gif

Bump for all Spurs fans. Those HATERS on the NBA thread just don't appreciate moving the ball around.

Lets go Spurs! Timmy "Big Fundamental" Duncan and his team do it the right way. They beat the Thunder then beat the Heat in 6

Lets go Spurs! Timmy "Big Fundamental" Duncan and his team do it the right way. They beat the Thunder then beat the Heat in 6

HELL YES, GIVE THIS MAN SOME REP

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Deacfreak07 again.

Go Spurs, agree with all that has been said about them. They are the only NBA team I really enjoy watching.

One more for Timmy, please - one of Wake's greatest ambassadors!!!

There's a RIGHT way of existence - and Tim Duncan does it every second of his life, especially during those Dungeon & Dragons seconds.

This video perfectly describes the Spurs teamwork and unselfishness. Unfortunately there is some terrible noise playing in the background (of course because it was produced by the NBA).

watch

ETa: having trouble embedding this video. The web address is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUmuEDO2gFA

There's an easy way to do things, and then there's the Spurs way of doing things. It's refreshing to see an organization like the Spurs still projecting respectable values on AND off the court amid a sea of teams who operate under hip hop values. You can have your your lob cities and south beaches, I personally a prefer a team where everyone works together and doesn't hesitate to make the smart play rather than the flashy play.

Watching the Thunder Clippers game the other night, I wasn't sure if they played the same game as the Spurs. Lots of one on one, look at me showboating. Even the pregame outfits they wore were excessively loud and garish. Our own Chris Paul forgot the fundamentals of the game and completely fell apart in the final minute, something that might not have happened if he had valued education and commitment over money and fame and stayed 4 years like Tim. Or maybe he was just thinking about his next State Farm commercial.

Hell yes brother. While CP2 is busy filming commercials the REAL point god will be draining mid range jumpers and hitting that beautiful floater all the way into June. BY THE WAY, I'm referring to Tony Parker or TP or Le TP (which is what Deac83 and I call him cause he's from France and he's French LOL). Can't wait to celebrate on these boards with all my other true Deacon fans.

Hell yes brother. While CP2 is busy filming commercials the REAL point god will be draining mid range jumpers and hitting that beautiful floater all the way into June. BY THE WAY, I'm referring to Tony Parker or TP or Le TP (which is what Deac83 and I call him cause he's from France and he's French LOL). Can't wait to celebrate on these boards with all my other true Deacon fans.

yeah TP>CP3.

Chris Paul has the highest offensive rating of all time in the NBA, but Tony Parker is damn good at doing what needs to get done to win games.

yeah TP>CP3.

I'm new around here I'll remember to pay attention to your posts. You are not brainwashed like so many other recent Wake Forest graduates.

Chris Paul has the highest offensive rating of all time in the NBA, but Tony Parker is damn good at doing what needs to get done to win games.

Last time I checked, we still determine winners based on who scores more points at the end of the game, right? I have no idea what this offensive rating nonsense is but I'm not really one that pays attention to all the new mumbo jumbo statistics. Back when I was at Wake in the early 1980s, we didn't need fancy math to tell us who the best team was. I assume you feel the same way?

Manu Ginobili is second only to Bill Russell in playoff scoring among left handers, and he only needs 57 more points to take first place. #Spursfacts

You tell 'em, #GoSpursGo.

Actually, you may want to head over to the NBA thread. That's where the nonsense is.

By the way, Tim Duncan is #2 all-time behind Gar Heard in defensive rating. Defense wins championships.

Back