• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Had a ticket to Game 5 last week but trip cancelled due to airport fuckup. Ticket waiting for me to Game 2 of this series.

No fuckups, people.

Kevin Durant, you can have the MVP award (by the way Tim "The Big Fundamental" has two of them). We'll take the win, thank you very much.

So much for the OKC sweep in the regular season. This is business. Leave the gun and take the cannoli.

Had a ticket to Game 5 last week but trip cancelled due to airport fuckup. Ticket waiting for me to Game 2 of this series.

No fuckups, people.

If OKC wins, you're going to catch all the blame, jinxy.

Tim still has it. Simply abused the backups OKC had to throw at him. If the Spurs weren't so balanced, he could have scored 45. I am guessing they just completely overlooked the Mavs (only way to explain that going 7 games), but they are all business now.

The parodies are so good on this thread I can't tell who's real and who's fake anymore. Regardless, Go Spurs Go

In an alternate universe where one tiny thing goes differently in the last 40 seconds of Game 5 Clips/OKC, CP3 and company coast to a game 7 win without Ibaka on the floor and it's a CP3/Duncan showdown. Would have been fun to watch. Instead we'll probably see a 5 game exit by OKC with nobody to stop the Spurs interior game. Maybe 6 if Durant can catch fire.

What isn't going to bode well for OKC is when they have to go to the small lineup, Durant has to front Duncan and that's a mismatch given Durant's size. Parker still gets to the rim around Westbrook and he's their best bet against Parker. Anyone else and Parker goes through the paint like a knife. The Spurs just have to avoid complacency which got them two years ago, up 2 on OKC only to drop 4 straight. Harden's gone and Ibaka will likely still be out but the Spurs can't afford to get lazy- as the 3rd Q showed last night.

In an alternate universe where one tiny thing goes differently in the last 40 seconds of Game 5 Clips/OKC, CP3 and company coast to a game 7 win without Ibaka on the floor and it's a CP3/Duncan showdown. Would have been fun to watch. Instead we'll probably see a 5 game exit by OKC with nobody to stop the Spurs interior game. Maybe 6 if Durant can catch fire.

Let's pump the brakes a little. Did you see the 3rd quarter? OKC had figured some things out with their lineups. Kendrick Perkins will be a problem with this series. My guess is Brooks comes out absolutely packing the lane with their bigs. Perk and Adams should probably be given the green light to muck it up (not that they know how to play any other way). If shooters go cold, there will be big problems for the Spurs offensively. My biggest concern is the long layover after tomorrow night's game gives Ibaka more time to heal.

Let's pump the brakes a little.
Yeah, I know DC's post was made in large part due to Ibaka's injury, but I don't think many people thought the Clippers would drop 4 of the next 5 after they destroyed the Thunder in Game 1 at Oklahoma City.

Let's pump the brakes a little. Did you see the 3rd quarter? OKC had figured some things out with their lineups. Kendrick Perkins will be a problem with this series. My guess is Brooks comes out absolutely packing the lane with their bigs. Perk and Adams should probably be given the green light to muck it up (not that they know how to play any other way). If shooters go cold, there will be big problems for the Spurs offensively. My biggest concern is the long layover after tomorrow night's game gives Ibaka more time to heal.

Ibaka is done apparently. If they don't expect him back in the Finals - he ain't playing in the Western Conference Finals. I would hazard a guess that Pop was more nervous about OK City's lineup in Game 1 that Brooks but is breathing a little easier today. For a couple of reasons:

* Collison bricked all of his shots and in fact hit the side of the backboard on a corner 3. You don't easily recover from that, at least on the road. The dagger 3 he made against the Clippers in game 6 had to be dumb luck

* Brooks basically rolled out all his possible lineups for Pop and Pop figured out his 4-guard lineup plus Duncan/Splitter/Boris is better than OK City's 4 guard lineup with Durant and his 3-guard lineup is better than OK City's 3 guard lineup w Durant at the 5. If Fisher is hitting his shots, then you play Manu and/or Patty forcing Fish to guard (foul) Tony. Basically, OK City is fucked. And that is not to say that they can't win 2 games and even steal a 3rd, but more that Brooks doesn't know how play chess. He knows how to coach a superior team and he is good at getting players to buy into good defense - when they had Ibaka as a backstop and perkins as a Duncan/howard/gasol killer. Now, not so much. It was smart making Tony a jump shooter. He was likely to struggle from outside coming off the hammy and multiple days off.

* Durant was exhausted in the 4th despite getting more rest than usual because he just doesn't hold up well having to play the 4. Fat Boris basically boogie bumped into submission. I met a girl in Daytona who did that to me one weekend and it is fucking exhausting.

hne biggest news from last night is that Manu went RIGHT three times and made a RIGHT HANDED layup.

SPURS have won 10 straight opening games in the playoffs now, best since the run the 96-98 Bulls had but I personally think this team has more fundamentals and so I like them better.

SPURS have won 10 straight opening games in the playoffs now, best since the run the 96-98 Bulls had but I personally think this team has more fundamentals and so I like them better.

When you think about it, Duncan is playing at a higher level at 38 than Jordan did (he was retired), and even when he came back he wasn't playing for a contender. Jordan had flash and commercials, but you could definitely make the case for a Duncan > Jordan, at least as a playoff player.

Back