• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Thanks for the negative reputation. Sorry about the late response. Insurance won't sell itself LOL! To paraphrase Wesley Snipes in White Men Can't Jump, you may watch a lot of Spurs games but you don't see them man. Hell, you were probably one of those wacko Buzz Out jerks that ruined our proud basketball program.

Mods, does this board have a function where I can block posts? I've had it with this loony toon.

Anyone still think this is a non parody poster?

Was there anybody who thought he wasn't a parody?

Was there anybody who thought he wasn't a parody?

Sadly me. When he said he watched a game w a certain poster it didn't dawn on me that they were one in the same

I was watching the game last night while talking with an old hoops buddy and we were trying to come up w someone other than Richard Jefferson who failed in the spurs system. the only guy we could think of was the point guard originally drafted 3rd overall by Vancouver (something Daniels)

You could argue that nobody has done a better job at defeating the spurs than Richard Jefferson. Did they make a western conference finals w him?

Last edited:
That dude is pretty donkish but that really is some good breakdown.

The fuck he did. He was awful especially considering he was a 3rd overall pick the Spurs moved some pieces to get. Didn't FA signee Avery Johnson beat him out?

Um, no. He was acquired for Carl Herrera and the rights to Felipe Lopez, neither of which could play worth a shit. He averaged 9/4/2 and 9/3/2 his last few years, shooting 45% or better from the field every year he played for them. He only got 13 minutes a game for the title team, but was playing 26 a game during his last 2 years.

Daniels wasn't a star, but they gave up the number 24 pick in the draft to get him. They ended up getting production not to far out of line from what a typical 24th pick would provide.

Then Parker arrived and became the starting pg 4 games into his rookie season. Did not sit well with Daniels.

Um, no. He was acquired for Carl Herrera and the rights to Felipe Lopez, neither of which could play worth a shit. He averaged 9/4/2 and 9/3/2 his last few years, shooting 45% or better from the field every year he played for them. He only got 13 minutes a game for the title team, but was playing 26 a game during his last 2 years.

Daniels wasn't a star, but they gave up the number 24 pick in the draft to get him. They ended up getting production not to far out of line from what a typical 24th pick would provide.

Do I really have to point out how terrible those numbers are? 9/4/2 from your starting point guard sucks balls. I had forgot that he bombed in Vancouver which is why he was available for cheap. I still think he did not excel in the Spurs system and only Richard Jefferson has been a bigger disappointment in the system over the last 17 years. Vinnie Del Negro was a better Spurs point guard than Daniels.

Tracy McGrady was clearly the biggest disappointment to wear a Spurs uniform in the past 17 years. He was supposed to be a Finals GAME-CHANGER

Do I really have to point out how terrible those numbers are? 9/4/2 from your starting point guard sucks balls. I had forgot that he bombed in Vancouver which is why he was available for cheap. I still think he did not excel in the Spurs system and only Richard Jefferson has been a bigger disappointment in the system over the last 17 years. Vinnie Del Negro was a better Spurs point guard than Daniels.

He wasn't the starter. Maybe they hoped he would be, but he wasn't. But given what they gave up to sign him, he gave them good production- better than the other 2 guys they traded him for.

Back