• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Spurs Game Thread

Antonio Daniels was Duncan's best friend on the spurs during Duncan's early years so he brought some value of the court as well.

Antonio Daniels was Duncan's best friend on the spurs during Duncan's early years so he brought some value of the court as well.

Makes sense. The Spurs value that chemistry and bond players have with each other

I heard he was an excellent, yet deeply underrated, dungeon-master #scoop

The Antonio Daniels years seem like so long ago. And that's because they were.

I don't think any draft will ever have as much of a drop from #1 to the rest of the draft as 1997. Only a few of those guys even had a cup of coffee in the league.

thought you were referring to the Antonio Daniels era. carry on....

Tracy McGrady was clearly the biggest disappointment to wear a Spurs uniform in the past 17 years. He was supposed to be a Finals GAME-CHANGER

true. I forgot about him. He obviously spent too much time eating cheeseburgers and working on his splitter to completely focus on hoops.

I know I can't be the only one excited about these:

debebamy.jpg

The Antonio Daniels years seem like so long ago. And that's because they were.

I don't think any draft will ever have as much of a drop from #1 to the rest of the draft as 1997. Only a few of those guys even had a cup of coffee in the league.

If you were redrafting that year you'd probably go Duncan, McGrady, Billups and then a huge drop off (SJax, Tim Thomas, Daniels would be the next group).

Duncan with 22 and 12 tonight in 30 minutes.

Duncan is just incredible. Watching him, it seems like he could just get a double double forever. He makes everything look easy.

Tim became the 4th 38 year old in league history to put up 22 and 12. The other three players were Kareem, Malone, and Parish.

Came across this and admittedly did not know this, Len Chappell is a part of the Spurs history as he played for the Dallas Chaparrals in 1971–72, which of course is where the Spurs started in the ABA.

Back