• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

As much as I hate it for MKG, honestly this could be an avenue to (maybe) being good if they stink out the joint and are able to get a big time talent in the draft next summer. Even with MKG this team was at best 7th-8th in the East, so now that he's out this roster will be squarely in the lottery and maybe they will take the opportunity to make some forward looking moves during the season.

Is MKG even good? Isn't he like another Tony Allen? ++ defense, -- offense.

I asked the same thing like 40 pages ago. The answer is generally, yes. He's a good enough defender and a mediocre enough offensive player to make him good.

As much as I hate it for MKG, honestly this could be an avenue to (maybe) being good if they stink out the joint and are able to get a big time talent in the draft next summer. Even with MKG this team was at best 7th-8th in the East, so now that he's out this roster will be squarely in the lottery and maybe they will take the opportunity to make some forward looking moves during the season.

Even so, what are the chances that the mid-range lottery pick they get is better than Winslow would have been? They'll blow their situation, whatever it is.

Who are the big time players to watch this CBB season? You know, for our #1 pick.

"Hey, Frank. You played the three in high school, right?"

Even so, what are the chances that the mid-range lottery pick they get is better than Winslow would have been? They'll blow their situation, whatever it is.

I realize they'll probably fuck it up, but to me the only way this team is going to ever become relevant is hitting on a superstar in the draft, and the hope would be even they wouldn't fuck up if an obvious great player is there for the taking (I realize the irony given the Winslow situation). I don't know if there is a great talent for next year's draft, but with MKG on the shelf this roster sucks, so they should just blow it up rather than try to piece together an attempt at getting the 8th seed in the East. See if they can get a taker for Big Al or Cody or Batum later in the season for draft picks and just embrace the tanking. Let's go with the Philly "process"

None of those guys have very good trade value. Al and Batum are UFAs next year.

It might be a one man draft in terms of all star potential next year as well with Ben Simmons. So even if we got to the worst record in the league (we wont), you'd only have a 25% chance at the guy with real star potential.

None of those guys have very good trade value. Al and Batum are UFAs next year.

It might be a one man draft in terms of all star potential next year as well with Ben Simmons. So even if we got to the worst record in the league (we wont), you'd only have a 25% chance at the guy with real star potential.
Skal, too.

Yeah, he could end up #1 esp because of the big man value. I've seen conflicting takes on his star potential.

So if the hornets somehow do get the #1 pick.... do they take ANOTHER power forward?

How does Frank look so far?

Frank is shooting a lot of threes and making a good amount, in both summer league and the preseason games, which is good as it is his main NBA usefulness.

In the miracle scenario the Hornets won the lotto, Simmons is point forward, could play multiple positions. Skal is a PF/C. And no one on the team is good enough to stop you from drafting any position anywhere.

eta: here are his orlando highlights

Last edited:
Back