• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Chad Ford says who every team likes. It's not hard to figure out based on who comes in for multiple workouts.

Chad Ford says who every team likes. It's not hard to figure out based on who comes in for multiple workouts.

Maybe it's because I paid more attention to them than other teams, but outside of the top 3, McBuckets to the Hornets seems to be the most consistent projection in just about every mock draft I've seen. They could have done a better job is all I'm saying. Hell, for all I know, they aren't even after him necessarily at #9 and are doing an awesome job misleading the media.

Also, there are 5 guys after the big 3 that are supposedly in the 2nd tier: Julius Randle, Dante Exum, Aaron Gordon, Marcus Smart, Noah Vonleh. If someone scoops McDermott in front of us it leaves us with one of those 5 guys who aren't supposed to be there.

Last edited:
Making a run at #whitest team in the NBA. Gotta bring McRoberts back to keep that momentum going.

McGary, who only played 8 games last year because of a back injury, won't have physical prior to the draft. He also only worked out for one team.

ANN ARBOR -- Whichever NBA team drafts Mitch McGary will be doing so on good faith.

The former Michigan forward will not undergo a predraft physical to test the condition of his surgically repaired lower back, according to his agent, Priority Sports & Entertainment founder Mark Bartelstein.

"We're comfortable with it," Bartelstein told MLive on Monday. "It's a decision we've made that we think will be best for Mitch."

McGary worked out for the Milwaukee Bucks on Friday, his lone individual workout for an NBA team.

It was originally thought McGary would undergo a physical examination from one team, then share the results with all interested NBA front offices.

He did not undergo tests in Milwaukee, however, and will not do so with any team leading up to Thursday's draft at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/06/mitch_mcgary_will_not_undergo.html

Chad Ford thinks he shut it down because he has a promise from the Hornets.

‏@chadfordinsider
Hearing Hornets at 24 most likely destination for Mitch McGary to land. Source says they are the culprit of his draft workout shutdown

Stauskas and McGary are gonna be the picks. The Charlotte Wolverines.

oh man, we should get stauskus and mcgary and just recreate the shit players from michigan's final four run

Any way to trade Hendo/Zeller to get back into the first and draft Glenn Robinson III?

Jefferson
McGary
GRIII
Stauskas
Burke

SHIP.

oh man, we should get stauskus and mcgary and just recreate the shit players from michigan's final four run

Yo buckets, you'd beter watch out. Irish may say you are being racist wanting to put the white guys on the same team.

Chad Ford thinks he shut it down because he has a promise from the Hornets.

‏@chadfordinsider
Hearing Hornets at 24 most likely destination for Mitch McGary to land. Source says they are the culprit of his draft workout shutdown

Last mock I saw had McGary going to SA at the end of the 1st. Please tell me we aren't making promises at #24 to dudes coming off back surgery. Name change honeymoon may be over.

Hopefully Hornets are just trolling, but I doubt it. Cho has more control now with Higgins gone; I am hopeful the franchise is heading in the right direction, but :eek:hnoes: and :willynilly: until Thursday night.

It's not really out of his range. Chad Ford had his range from 21-30 (with the Spurs as his floor). I just don't really like him as a prospect... but if the Spurs might have drafted him maybe he's a good backup C option.

Last edited:
Back