• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Many people had McGary going to the Spurs in mock drafts.

Yo buckets, you'd beter watch out. Irish may say you are being racist wanting to put the white guys on the same team.

1392576726846.gif

Will Cho go for the White Guy Sweep and draft Joe Harris in the second round? I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT.

The clowns on 610 this morning were talking about making a push for Melo. That would seem like a disaster given his need to dominate the ball combined with his lack of defense. Not like he would come here anyway.
If Lebron bails on Miami, is there any realistic chance the Hornets could get Bosh?

i think melo + cp3 would be a devastating combination

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
I interviewed Elfrid Payton for a Tuesday article. He's hearing #7 (Lakers), #8 (Kings) or #9 (Hornets) are realistic landing spots for him.

How would that work? You don't spend your #9 pick on a long-term backup...so that would mean either Walker/Payton playing together, or Walker getting dealt.

I don't think there is any chance of them taking Payton. There is better talent available that also addresses actual needs. Though everybody and their mother seems to be saying McBuckets, which makes it seem like they will go in another direction.

NBATV's mock draft last night had them taking Gary Harris at 9 (I think primarily because they had McBuckets going at 8 and I think Stauskas at like 5), and then KJ McDaniels at 24. In my mind, there would be no excuse for taking Gary Harris over Aaron Gordon at 9 assuming that scenario plays out. I do like the McDaniels pick though, he would be great to have as a defender off the bench or spot starter during the next MKG injury.

Who else did they have falling to us if Stauskas and McDermott both went top 8? Randle? Smart? One of those "second tier" guys would have to fall to us...and I'd find it hard to believe we'd pass them up for Harris.

Who else did they have falling to us if Stauskas and McDermott both went top 8? Randle? Smart? One of those "second tier" guys would have to fall to us...and I'd find it hard to believe we'd pass them up for Harris.

They have like Marcus Smart going 12th to Orlando. have Embiid falling to the Lakers. Yeah that draft is all weird, it went in this order:

Parker, Exum, Wiggins, Vonleh, Stauskas, Randle, Embiid, Dougie, Harris, Gordon

I'd be STUNNED if we passed up on Marcus Smart for Gary Harris. But yeah, weird draft.

Back