• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

I'll throw in Chad Ford:

9 - Doug McBuckets
24 - TJ Warren
I wanted to add Ford but don't have Insider. Does he say why we'd take two small forwards when we already have MKG? I know an offensive-minded SF would be a nice addition, but two in the first round seems a bit strange.

Lance doesn't fit. He's like a bigger, crazier 2 guard version of Kemba. Not a great shooter, ball dominant, great at breaking down a defender. We need a guy who will camp out behind the 3 point line and create space for Big Al and Kemba or be ready to catch and shoot after they draw a double or break down the defense.

The free agent we SHOULD go after (even though he's a RFA instead of a UFA I think) is...

chandler_parsons2.jpg

MAKE IT HAPPEN CHO.

I wanted to add Ford but don't have Insider. Does he say why we'd take two small forwards when we already have MKG? I know an offensive-minded SF would be a nice addition, but two in the first round seems a bit strange.

Yeah, but often you can get away with playing two natural SFs at either the 2/3 or the 3/4 in today's NBA depending on the matchup. Here's what Ford had to say:

sgtjs3.jpg

69lyma.jpg

Lance doesn't fit. He's like a bigger, crazier 2 guard version of Kemba. Not a great shooter, ball dominant, great at breaking down a defender. We need a guy who will camp out behind the 3 point line and create space for Big Al and Kemba or be ready to catch and shoot after they draw a double or break down the defense.

But there'd be SO MUCH BROOKLYN

Yeah, but often you can get away with playing two natural SFs at either the 2/3 or the 3/4 in today's NBA depending on the matchup. Here's what Ford had to say:

sgtjs3.jpg

69lyma.jpg
Thanks for posting. I think I'd rather have Stauskas than McBuckets in that situation. Stauskus/Warren would be a great first round haul that would address two big needs.

Gun to your head: McBuckets or Stauskas

Or go and get Parsons, who would fit the need that FYC described.

That's tough. I think Stauskas has more offensive upside than McBuckets so I'll go with him. Stauskas could be Klay Thompson-y. McBuckets is Kyle Korver-ish. They're both bad at defense but Clifford has shown what you can do with a solid team defensive concept.

Or go and get Parsons, who would fit the need that FYC described.

Only way that Houston doesn't match is if we overpay for him and we shouldn't overpay for him. I'd rather draft the shooter because there are a lot of them and use FA money elsewhere.

So we find somebody else. I don't see us starting the season with two PGs who are a combined 12 feet, 360 lbs.

I'd go Stauskas over McDermott. At least neither one of them is diabetic.

The Hornets are absolutely nailing this rollout. Really great stuff.

Back