• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Stauskas over Dougie all day, Stauskas is the truth.

Yes they are. I didn't expect to get this excited about a freaking name, but the execution thus far has been great. First time in a long time it feels like things are moving in the right direction. Strong finish to the regular season and getting the #9 pick have helped a lot too!

Crazy that people are more excited about a #9 pick than a #2 pick last year, but I totally get it.

2 years ago, but yeah. Also the #9 pick was a surprise. Other than Cleveland, we were the luckiest team lottery night.

Thanks RJ.

I really don't think that was an "RJ" comment. If you were being sarcastic, then my sarcasm meter is obviously broken. I thought that correcting something that wasn't factually accurate was needed.

Yes they are. I didn't expect to get this excited about a freaking name, but the execution thus far has been great. First time in a long time it feels like things are moving in the right direction. Strong finish to the regular season and getting the #9 pick have helped a lot too!

Assuming they can make some good personnel decisions (big assumption, but the trend is in the right direction), this franchise can really get some traction. It's just fun again. I think the glory years really understood that.

We're really this excited about Nick Stauskus?

Not as excited about him as the new lighting guy the Hornets apparently got. Hear he's one of the best in the biz. Crazy good lighting in TWC arena coming this upcoming season. I'm fucking amped.

Jeff Goodman reporting Stauskas has been scheduled for a workout Wednesday in Charlotte. He's the first lottery projected player to work out for the Hornets so far.

In, I'm absolutely pumped for the upcoming season.

Stauskus doesn't strike me as a first round pick, but I'm no expert. Gun to head I take McDermott every day of the week.

I haven't kept up with the draft, but any chance the kid from Arizona falls to #9? Or that the two first round picks could be packaged to move up?

I heard on the radio last week that they are trying to figure out what to do with McBob. I really hope they don't overpay for him, that would be such a Bobcats Matt Caroll move. The guy is a good value when you have him dirt cheap off the scrap heap, but he can easily become a bad contract without looking at him objectively.

I haven't kept up with the draft, but any chance the kid from Arizona falls to #9? Or that the two first round picks could be packaged to move up?
Several of the mocks I've seen have Gordon falling to 9, but have the Hornets also passing him up. Apparently teams feel he has a "broken jump shot" a lot like MKG, and his unreliable offensive game is hurting his stock.

I don't know about moving up, but reports last week said the Hornets are one of 4 or 5 lottery teams that are very open to trading their lottery pick, presumably for a veteran player like an Aaron Afflalo (his name has come up a lot). Haven't seen any reports about them trying to move up though.

While on topic of the draft, I'd LOVE to see Warren fall to our 24th pick. I just don't know if he'll slip that far.

The team took out a full page ad in the Observer this weekend congratulating Big Al on his All-NBA selection. Pretty classy move.

BppI7DmIcAAQuGI.jpg

I still get worried when Jordan says he's going to make a big splash. Don't overthink this.

Also: @chadfordinsider 9m
Heard the same RT @rick_bonnell: I think the Hornets might be high on Doug McDermott for the 9th pick. Nothing firm, but an indication.

I still get worried when Jordan says he's going to make a big splash. Don't overthink this.

Also: @chadfordinsider 9m
Heard the same RT @rick_bonnell: I think the Hornets might be high on Doug McDermott for the 9th pick. Nothing firm, but an indication.

I think that means we're going after MELO!!!!

Back