• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2014-15 Charlotte Hornets Thread

Hahahahaha, nope. Depends if the U is good. True bandwagon fans down there. 95% didn't go to Miami. This year I am sure they are FSU fans.

they're still u fans, they just don't go to the games as much when they suck/they're not playing anyone good

but is larry johnson coming back

Simmons and Jalen Rose did an NBA mock draft podcast. Rose said Hornets should take Stauskas and Simmons said they should take Marcus Smart to start in the back court with Kemba. Not sure if we need a mediocre shooting combo guard starting, but Billy said the value was too high.

they're still u fans, they just don't go to the games as much when they suck/they're not playing anyone good

but is larry johnson coming back

Speaking of Larry Johnson, he seems to consider himself as a Knick.

Simmons and Jalen Rose did an NBA mock draft podcast. Rose said Hornets should take Stauskas and Simmons said they should take Marcus Smart to start in the back court with Kemba. Not sure if we need a mediocre shooting combo guard starting, but Billy said the value was too high.

Is smart going to be there @ 9?

Report out today that the Hornets are down to McBuckets and Stauskas at #9. Here's a great breakdown of pros and cons for both:

I'm coming around on stauskas, less so on Mcbuckets. Neither of them plays a lick of defense, but I think Stauskas' game translates a little better and with the lack of elite sg's in the NBA we can somewhat hide him on d. He's also pretty good with the ball in his hands and a willing distributor. It pains me to say this, but I think Mcroberts would be a great veteran for Stauskas to watch and learn from.

I think McDermott is going to have issues getting his shot off, and Stauskas will too, but at least Stauskas played in a competitive conference against nba athletes so that should make the transition easier? Idk

I think Harris, Payne and Young will be as good or better pros than Stausaks and McDermott. At least Harris and Payne play D.

NBADraft.net's new mock has Charlotte taking Hood at 9, and Young falling to them at 24. A Hood/Young first round would be quite the haul.

Meh, I don't feel that Hood is Top 10 worthy.

Stauskas scored 1.4 more ppg and shot 44% vs. 42% on threes. It's pretty even. It could come down to 6'9 and more athletic vs. 6'6.

I'm coming around on stauskas, less so on Mcbuckets. Neither of them plays a lick of defense, but I think Stauskas' game translates a little better and with the lack of elite sg's in the NBA we can somewhat hide him on d. He's also pretty good with the ball in his hands and a willing distributor. It pains me to say this, but I think Mcroberts would be a great veteran for Stauskas to watch and learn from.

I think McDermott is going to have issues getting his shot off, and Stauskas will too, but at least Stauskas played in a competitive conference against nba athletes so that should make the transition easier? Idk

I'm at the point where I will be pretty pissed if they take McDermott. There are so many potential high-level players at the top of this draft, I don't see why you take a guy who you know right from the start his limit is going to be a spot-up shooter off the bench or fringe-starter on a bad team (assuming he can even get his shot off). If you need a shooter, get a proven one in free-agency for a mediocre salary. Don't waste a lottery pick in this particular draft on that role.

Back