• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

I wonder who that would be against. Have to be something like Tennessee/South Carolina/UGA but I don't know if those schools would want to play us.

I wonder who that would be against. Have to be something like Tennessee/South Carolina/UGA but I don't know if those schools would want to play us.

Those schools need to play us because we are a Power V team, and there is increasing pressure on Power V schools to play other Power V schools.

Here is a link to WF future FB schedules: http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/acc/wake-forest-demon-deacons.php

WF has no openings until 2022. Would be fine if WF dropped either of the Utah State games or the Rice games, among others.

It's too bad we can't offer donors the chance to put their name on a coach instead of a building.

It's too bad we can't offer donors the chance to put their name on a coach instead of a building.

I don't know that you can't. How would it be different from endowing a professorship? I don't know the answer to that question.

BTW, I noticed that the WF volleyball team plays many of its home games at a private school off campus (The Summit School). Embarrassing. Hope that with the new facility, we can play our home games at home.

BTW, I noticed that the WF volleyball team plays many of its home games at a private school off campus (The Summit School). Embarrassing. Hope that with the new facility, we can play our home games at home.

Isn't Reynolds gym under construction right now?

I don't know that you can't. How would it be different from endowing a professorship? I don't know the answer to that question.

How soon can we get Shaka McCreary to Wake? Ehh, on second thought, let's not name a black man after a rich white guy. Seriously though, I get that giving money to have your name etched onto the side of a building leaves a legacy, but I sure would like to have seen some of it spent on a coach back when we were looking. Not my money though.

How soon can we get Shaka McCreary to Wake? Ehh, on second thought, let's not name a black man after a rich white guy. Seriously though, I get that giving money to have your name etched onto the side of a building leaves a legacy, but I sure would like to have seen some of it spent on a coach back when we were looking. Not my money though.

In a way it can be and is. Otherwise operating funds get spent on facilities. More endowments are always helpful of course. Capital fundraising is and has always been much sexier.

That's just for this year as Reynolds Gym is under construction. They also played at LJVM.

That's just for this year as Reynolds Gym is under construction. They also played at LJVM.

No reason to use logic to address outrage over sports no one really cares about!

My only thought would be a game against someone in BofA like UNC-USC does? Not many open weekends for that with UNC and Belk Bowl. I really don't know.

Edit: UNC didn't do that this year, so maybe we will take that weekend in the next couple years?

Maybe moving the 2018 ND game to Charlotte?

A future appearance in the Belk College Football Kickoff Game? Doesn't hurt that the head of CLT Sports Foundation is a Wake graduate.

You mean like a WFU vs UNCC series?

The tweet said a "major" announcement.

I'd gladly welcome a game against SC, Tenn, UGA, or UF.

Last edited:
Theoretically, WF could solicit a large "coaching endowment" to pay for a premium-demanding coach with the understanding that the court or some other prominent structure is named in honor of the donor until the "endowment" stops.

I've heard of several endowed coaching positions at small private FCS and lower division schools. Maybe a few FBS.

Wish our floor at the Joel looked like this.

Sutton Center photos:

i-59ZGjHw-L.jpg

How does moving a game to BoA affect revenue for that particular game? I assume the "host" school gets some cut of ticket sales, but I would imagine not any other in stadium sales? If we did move a game, would the cost of season tickets change? Can we still host recruits at a game like that?

Back