• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

The tweet said a "major" announcement.

I'd gladly welcome a game against SC, Tenn, UGA, or UF.

Ph - I was being a little sarcastic. Thought you would've picked up on it.
Then again, maybe you were being sarcastic back at me.

Sadly, it is probably the ND game but I really hope it's not.

I'd really hate to see WF bow to the pressure and allow the ND "home" game to be played 1.5 hours away in a bigger stadium that is filled with at least 75% ND fans. If ND wants to play in Charlotte, they can choose to put their "home" game versus a Big Four or Clemson there.

Agree. WF would have to be the only ACC team outside maybe Duke that would agree to this. LOWF

Agree. WF would have to be the only ACC team outside maybe Duke that would agree to this. LOWF

CUSE did it this year with a game in the Meadowlands; BC has done it with games at Fenway and Ireland; several Big 12 teams have done this with games at Jerry World.

Why is playing Notre Dame in Charlotte any worse than playing Tennessee, South Carolina or Georgia there?

Yes. This was pointed out. Thank you again.

Isn't it already a home game? Why would we give up a home game?

I actually think you can sell this to recruits. Especially NC and SC recruits.

Eh, I see both sides but I'd much prefer WF planned out a neutral site game ahead of time, not just switching a planned home game to a neutral one. I'd also choose a SEC match-up in CLT over ND as well. Not only because I prefer the SEC over ND but also because it means another big OOC game since the ND one would still remain.

I don't like that the announcement is coming right before the election, because the pro-HB2 crowd can spin it.

With no open dates until 2022, you are probably right about ND. It's like when we sold our home games vs Clemson in the 80's.

With no open dates until 2022, you are probably right about ND. It's like when we sold our home games vs Clemson in the 80's.

Like when we played them in Japan back then and got beat by like 60 points. :tear:

We sold a game against FSU in the mid-90s as well.

Like when we played them in Japan back then and got beat by like 60 points. :tear:

No, that was a very good game actually. We lost 21-17 in 1982 in that one, the one you're thinking about was the 1981 game at Clemson.

We sold a game against FSU in the mid-90s as well.

Yeah, that may have been the low point of our program or I guess I should say one of the low points. Selling conference home games screams LOWF, selling the ND game to BofA may not scream it, but I still don't like it.

Back