• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

McCreary Indoor Practice Center - Collegiate Arms Race Thread

Just guessing here - the existing field turf field was an older generation field turf than is at the stadium and presumably at other fieldturf fields we would play on. There was a noticeable difference between the surfaces.

AIR, the stadium turf was replaced. No expert here but I think ya just peel off the surface and put down the new rug....with no need to re-do the base surface. We're installing a totally new FieldTurf base + rug on what was our grass practice field. And my question is really whether the former FieldTurf field ( middle ) will be torn up to be a grass field (?).

However, it's possible that they will need to keep the staging area for the construction of the Sports Performance Center (SPC) whose ground breaking is scheduled for the fall. I don't know, maybe they can use the hill area behind the SPC as a construction staging area.

Thanks Bob and this was gonna be my next question:). My guess on logistics would be they'll use the hill area and get the sod down ASAP....but it may not be ready in 4-5 weeks.

In response to the new Clemson building, more evidence Clemson football players probably rarely, if ever, associate with the normal student population.

In response to the new Clemson building, more evidence Clemson football players probably rarely, if ever, associate with the normal student population.

Would you want to ?

participant-in-the-mud-pit-belly-flop-contest-jumps-into-the-pond-picture-id118662510

Installation of the FieldTurf is moving along.

Fieldturf%20practice%20field%207-13-16%2002-L.jpg

/QUOTE]

Reminds me of my college days, searching for the clitoris under pre-thong cotton panties and thick mid nineties muff.

Is the new artificial field only 95 yards long? On the north side of the field it appears that it stops just inside the ten yard marker.

Future OGB post when a DB is ran down on an apparently game winning pick six. "Well if either of our new 2 full length practice fields were actually full length this would have never happened. How can Wellman allow such incompetence under his watch!"

Future OGB post when a DB is ran down on an apparently game winning pick six. "Well if either of our new 2 full length practice fields were actually full length this would have never happened. How can Wellman allow such incompetence under his watch!"

Yes, Ron Wellman is responsible for the physical limitations of the existing space. Good grief, the coaches asked for the fields to run north south. Grow up and fly straight.

The fields/towers with the practice center in the backdrop looks REALLY good. It's also wildly different.

Next time you're on campus, go to the Mag Quad and then look down Gulley Drive. You'll be surprised.

I'm reminded of the day that I met and talked briefly with Doug Flutie while standing along the old brick wall watching practice. He was in town as part of the crew for a Thursday night ESPN game. It was a beautiful October afternoon and looking over the scene, Doug said something like "this is the way that college football ought to be." Not anymore.

Cool story...........

Back