• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Wake Scores first on South Carolina after Jack Harrison draws three defenders and lays off a great pass to Jakori Hayes who hit the far post and the ball bounced in. Wake has dominated possession of the game so far and hopefully this lead will open up the SC defense.

Deacs win again. Wake is very balanced and very good. Fun to watch.

We're gonna win the ACC and NCAA.

I cannot wait for when the Tarheels come to Spry in two Saturdays.

We're gonna win the ACC and NCAA.

I cannot wait for when the Tarheels come to Spry in two Saturdays.

I hope we have a fantastic crowd. We really need to bring it that night. I've seen UNC a couple times now this season, and they are the real deal. They play with a great deal of pace and the Texas kids up top are legit. We're going to have to keep Wright in check throughout the night. They also have a kid that's 6'5 or so that comes off the bench, and I think leads them in scoring, so he's a tough matchup on set pieces. Our midfield is going to have to play with the control and the creativity they're starting to show on a consistent basis. And the fans are going to need to be bonkers when UNC is on the hill end.

I hope we have a fantastic crowd. We really need to bring it that night. I've seen UNC a couple times now this season, and they are the real deal. They play with a great deal of pace and the Texas kids up top are legit. We're going to have to keep Wright in check throughout the night. They also have a kid that's 6'5 or so that comes off the bench, and I think leads them in scoring, so he's a tough matchup on set pieces. Our midfield is going to have to play with the control and the creativity they're starting to show on a consistent basis. And the fans are going to need to be bonkers when UNC is on the hill end.

Todd Renner 2.0!!!

Don't expect a ton of students to be there, that game is over fall break for us.

The girls team is apparently not that good. Any insights into what's going on there ?

The girls team is apparently not that good. Any insights into what's going on there ?

Kind of surprising. That program seemed to be building momentum, and for the same reasons that the WF men's program is attractive to elite soccer recruits, you would think would apply to the women's program. Perhaps, just a single down year, but losses to Samford, FGCU and UNC-W (not to mention a 1-3 ACC record) are disconcerting.

Kind of surprising. That program seemed to be building momentum, and for the same reasons that the WF men's program is attractive to elite soccer recruits, you would think would apply to the women's program. Perhaps, just a single down year, but losses to Samford, FGCU and UNC-W (not to mention a 1-3 ACC record) are disconcerting.

I think it's a combination of the fact that they are still recovering from losing their best class ever, which really was the driving force behind the success of 2010-12(kind of 13) and the loss of assistant coach Tim Santoro who took the head job at NC State. Tim was a killer recruiter and recruited that 2010 class of Stengel, Nuzzolese, Bledsoe, et al. and also brought a different personality to the staff that was a good foil for Tony's laid back style

After seeing the men's team in person last week at BC, this year is a disappointment if we don't win it all. And they are so young! Maybe it's a disappointment if we don't win the next 3.

Back