• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

BTTT because men's soccer is literally the only sport Wake doesn't totally suck at.

Bump in case someone has some news and needs a reminder to post it.

I've heard that we have a commitment from 2017 GK Andrew Pannenberg out of Charlotte.

Seems like we also have a pretty good in with the Philadelphia Union club...

I've heard that we have a commitment from 2017 GK Andrew Pannenberg out of Charlotte.

Seems like we also have a pretty good in with the Philadelphia Union club...

Their U-18 coach, Chris Brewer, played for Wake in the late 80s/early 90s. Good dude. I imagine when Hackworth was involved with the Union he probably got the hookup. I didn't know Brewer was up there before, but just looked it up to see if I could see any obvious connection.

Last edited:
Excellent info, I knew someone would have something to share.

Their U-18 coach, Chris Brewer, played for Wake in the late 80s/early 90s. Good dude. I imagine when Hackworth was involved with the Union he probably got the hookup. I didn't know Brewer was up there before, but just looked it up to see if I could see any obvious connection.

Pannenberg played keeper with the Charlotte Independence last season.

I knew Mr. Brewer back in the day and can vouch for his good dudeness.

I felt like Muuss had a strong connection with FC Delco his first time around at Wake.

I felt like Muuss had a strong connection with FC Delco his first time around at Wake.

I think we got a couple of guys from there even before Muuss -- Vicente Bastidas and Jerry White -- maybe even a couple of others. Aaron Thomas, maybe, as well?

Those were the three big ones I was thinking of, so then that connection predated Muuss. I thought FC Delco might fall under the Union Academy blanket and Muuss's return had reopened something.

I think those were McDonough guys, anyway, but I forget how long he lasted.

Man, I just looked up McDonough and he was GM for Orlando City and then landed with the Atlanta expansion team as Director of Soccer Operations working under Carlos Bocanegra.

It will be interesting to see what ex-Barcelona players play in that friendly. If Cruyff is still alive from the lung cancer I wonder if they will get to meet him due to the Bakero hook up. Vidovich would be killing himself for leaving if that happens.

Anyone know of a site with up to date recruiting class rankings?

Anyone know of a site with up to date recruiting class rankings?

The article I saw...which is now premium only...had our class at #9 (UNC = #1). Duke, UVa and Clemson were also ranked in the top 10ish.

I have since seen a tweet from Muuss saying he'll be announcing a few more additions in the coming weeks.

The article I saw...which is now premium only...had our class at #9 (UNC = #1). Duke, UVa and Clemson were also ranked in the top 10ish.

I have since seen a tweet from Muuss saying he'll be announcing a few more additions in the coming weeks.

WF announced last year's soccer recruiting class in the middle of February.

Back