• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Agreed. We may never see anyone as talented and skilled at Wake as Harrison. At least not as a freshman. However, Young will be fun to watch and we should be good again this year*.

*cited source: TuffaloDeac10

Last edited:
Agreed. We may never see anyone as talented and skilled at Wake as Harrison. At least not as a freshman. However, Young will be fun to watch and we should be good again this year.

Got a reliable source telling me we're gonna be really good next season too and that the atmosphere at Spry is gonna keep getting better and better.

EXCLUSIVE!!! MUST CREDIT TUFFALODEAC!!!!

Jack Harrison with the goal just before halftime! Great individual effort. Announcer asked if a superstar is born!?

Agreed. We may never see anyone as talented and skilled at Wake as Harrison. At least not as a freshman. However, Young will be fun to watch and we should be good again this year*.

*cited source: TuffaloDeac10

It's crazy. When I was teaching and coaching in Connecticut, we'd play Berkshire every season. Harrison was mesmerizing. Utterly mesmerizing.

Isaiah Young has been named to the U19 US roster to play in COTIF tournament in Spain from July 20-August 5. Great experience as Young continues to play with every level of the national team, but it may mean we have to wait a a game or two before we see him playing for the Deacs.

I know I could easily look this up, but did I see correctly that Akira Fitzgerald has joined Austin Da Luz on the Railhawks?

I know I could easily look this up, but did I see correctly that Akira Fitzgerald has joined Austin Da Luz on the Railhawks?

Akira has been there for a while now. They've had a few Wake guys stop through over the years, although I think Wilmington has tapped into the Deacon alumni market far more heavily

Sweet. I don't have much occasion to follow NASL, but I saw an Instagram pic with Lahoud, Da Luz, and Fitzgerald a bit ago.

What do you think about playing him as a midfielder instead? It might make him less likely to transfer in 2 years if he has the ball more often.

Plus all the other college teams already have a plethora of midfielders. Great GK's are in short supply. This is your best idea yet. Think the coach was hinting at it too with the following quote:

"He is not just a very talented goalkeeper, he is a true soccer player. His ability to play with his feet and his soccer intelligence will help him tremendously with his transition to the way we like to play and we're excited to have him join us this season."

What do you think about playing him as a midfielder instead? It might make him less likely to transfer in 2 years if he has the ball more often.

Plus all the other college teams already have a plethora of midfielders. Great GK's are in short supply. This is your best idea yet. Think the coach was hinting at it too with the following quote:

"He is not just a very talented goalkeeper, he is a true soccer player. His ability to play with his feet and his soccer intelligence will help him tremendously with his transition to the way we like to play and we're excited to have him join us this season."
lol

mickey-mouse-troll-o.gif

Charlotte Independence have signed our '17 GK commit Andrew Pannenberg to an amateur contract.

Back