• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Two scoreless draws in exhibitions. Anyone attend either to provide some insight why we can't find the net?

It'll come. I think it was a combination of playing bunches of players in the first without getting a great rhythm, and in the second, the luck wasn't there but the chances were. I think we also saw how many teams will play us in the Wilmington game. Foul early, foul hard, and play chippy.

Right now, I think Alec's knee injury has to be a bigger concern. I'm hoping they're just being super cautious.

It'll come. I think it was a combination of playing bunches of players in the first without getting a great rhythm, and in the second, the luck wasn't there but the chances were. I think we also saw how many teams will play us in the Wilmington game. Foul early, foul hard, and play chippy.

Right now, I think Alec's knee injury has to be a bigger concern. I'm hoping they're just being super cautious.

We got a lot of offense from Jack Harrison last year, so going into this season I wondered if we would struggle to convert. So far, that has been an issue, but as you point out, there are reasons in exhibition games that offense may lag.

Farrell's knee is a major concern, which is why I thought it was important that the keeper from Barcelona was signed back in July.

Uh oh. The next Brek Shea/Jack McInerney?

Have we lost a guy to the pros before he made it to campus recently? I don't think those two were ever admitted, and it was just rumors about McInerney. I don't think Shea got accepted, but he wasn't going to come anyway once drafted.

Last edited:
"Ricky Greensfelder, a senior striker, will not play in Friday’s game because of a red card he received in the loss to Stanford last fall. “I don’t think I can sit on the bench so maybe I’ll watch the game with the students on the hill,” Greensfelder said… "

LOL

Was just looking at the schedule trying to determine if there are any games that I can attend this year. Curious, that they're aren't any day games this season. Is this a new thing?

Still down 0-1 at the half. Wake dominating possession with StL content to sit back deep in the box and let Wake pound their heads against a wall. Wake has made a few close plays that could've developed into a scoring opportunity but nothing ever developed. Wake has 6 shots on goal, but frankly I haven't seen any of them (missed first 15 minutes or so, then the feed went out for about 10 minutes) so things look bleak to me. Good to see Wake control the ball though. Just not many good shots or goals.

Terrible shot control by Wake... player took a shot directly on goal and the ball didn't even go over the end line. It went over a sideline about 25 yds from the corner.

Back