• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

Any of our posters members of The Congregation and/or know where to scoop one of the Wake soccer scarves?

Saw some news of signees on The Congregation's twitter. Any feedback?

Couple of Twitter and Big Board notes...

Wake commit Kyle Holcomb ('18, F) has been ranked the #1 prospect in the 2018 class in a few rankings. Big time prospect. Isaiah Parente ('18, F) has also committed and is a Top 150 commit. Big pickups this early.

Wake Soccer official twitter has confirmed the following NOI signings: Machop Chol, Dominic Peters, Omir Fernandez, Brandon Servania, Landen Haig, Mark McKenzie, and Kyle McCurley.

Brotherly Love is also reporting that with Matthew Real opting to sign a pro contract, Justin McMaster (teammates with Real and McKenzie) is now committed to Wake. Big pickup since he's been on the U18 pool pretty regularly.

The only commit that I can tell hasn't signed is Andrew Pannenberg from Charlotte. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_8780e1c4-6df1-55c9-a7e2-e9abd48cb964.html

A couple of interesting tidbits in the article.

Andrew Pannenberg has enrolled, although I never saw the official announcement on twitter.

Alex Knox has transferred to UCLA (where a few of his club teammates play). I would have expected to see increased minutes this year, but our defense continues to be one of our strengths looking into next year.

Muuss has not released his recruiting class for this fall because at least two players are deciding whether to go pro or accept offers from Wake Forest. But one of those recruits, goalie Andrew Pannenberg, has signed and is enrolled and going through spring practice.

It'll be interesting to see who this player-to-be-possibly-named could be.

Also, Jared Odenbeck has signed a pro contract with the Charlotte Independence.

So, a couple notes from the Frankfurt match. Frankfurt was incredibly outclassed from the first minute, so it's tough to gauge much, but here are some thoughts...

Bakero has put some time in on getting lean. He looked quicker than last season and much more aggressive.

Defense looked good but played a bunch of different personnel. We seemed to lose out on jump balls and long balls in the back mostly due to lack of height in the middle. We also got lost a few times on fast breaks. Luckily, Mundet looked very active.

Ema and Bruno are going to be some super sophomores. Ema is just so physical and fast. He was flying. He took a couple of hard tackles and was taken out after that, but in the first 20 minutes no one could contain him. Bruno will take on anyone. He was incredibly active running through the midfield and always seemed to be getting the ball and taking his first touch ready to go at the defense. He was solid.

And finally, Joey DeZart. Dude is CRAZY good. I really don't remember him getting much run last season, but if this game was any indication, he's going to be very, very good. He seemed to be playing a DCM (but was getting forward and playing attacking balls with ease), and was just fantastic. Great size, speed, and skill. Dare I say he reminded me of a Juventus Pogba.

Did anyone see WFU take UVA to the woodshed yesterday? Whoa...

Anyone is welcome to start one. I've moved and starting a new job, so haven't been on the boards as much.

Couple of Twitter and Big Board notes...

Wake commit Kyle Holcomb ('18, F) has been ranked the #1 prospect in the 2018 class in a few rankings. Big time prospect. Isaiah Parente ('18, F) has also committed and is a Top 150 commit. Big pickups this early.

Wake Soccer official twitter has confirmed the following NOI signings: Machop Chol, Dominic Peters, Omir Fernandez, Brandon Servania, Landen Haig, Mark McKenzie, and Kyle McCurley.

Brotherly Love is also reporting that with Matthew Real opting to sign a pro contract, Justin McMaster (teammates with Real and McKenzie) is now committed to Wake. Big pickup since he's been on the U18 pool pretty regularly.

The only commit that I can tell hasn't signed is Andrew Pannenberg from Charlotte. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

McMaster now official. I'm surprised there's no press release for the entire class, although we could be waiting on another international player and/or SID is done for the season...

So, would WF be consider to have a top 5 or top 10 recruiting class coming in this Fall (assuming no new additional players).

Back