• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick 'Em Games 2015 (Week 3 reset for Survival)

Quite a few folks have either the Chargers, Cardinals, or the Broncos. All nail biters.

So for those of us that took Seattle this week, should our win come with an asterisk?

I really like Atlanta and KC this week. Tough choice between the 2.

Man, I changed from Kansas City to Atlanta right before kickoff. Glad I did, though I was sweating it out.

Looks like a bunch of people went with KC. Oops. Only 8 of us left.

Another one bites the dust... 7 of us left. Denver tried hard to blow that game and take me out, though.

Feeling reasonably confident this week which means I'll almost certainly go out.

Thoughts this week? Taking Seattle tonight. Both teams kinda suck, but I think the 9ers suck worse.

Already used Seattle (Detroit), but even though I think they'll win tonight, they are way too inconsistent to rely on. Also, I'm usually leery about taking road teams in prime time games. The home team always gets more pumped for prime time even when they are the big underdog.

Glad to have this week out of the way. Hope the rest of you suckers go down now!

One more bites the dust. Six left to battle it out. Thank you, Arizona, for not rolling over last night in the 4th. On to week 8.

So 5 out of 6 of us made it through so far. Townie awaiting Carolina's win on MNF.

And in the fantasy blunder of the year... I have Brees and Dalton as my QBs in my league and I went back and forth all week about which one I should go with. Dalton has actually been pretty solid all year and the Saints haven't exactly been lighting it up, so in the end I went with Dalton. And what does Brees do? Only 7 effing touchdowns and 500+ yards! Fuck me. :rulz:

Three more of us knocked out today. Thanks, N'awlins for rolling over in OT and taking me out.

Three of you left to battle it out. Good luck to all of you!

Survival:

Ha, all 3 lost creating a 3-way tie for the win. So our 2015 winners are...

DeacInVermont*
DeaconPeach*
bernbp5* pick set name (not sure who this is)

And the winners' asterisk is for the week 2 reset. :)

And here's your award for winning... :bowrofl: :woot: :golfclap:

Seriously, congrats to you all for outlasting the rest of us and surviving this long.

Survival:

Ha, all 3 lost creating a 3-way tie for the win. So our 2015 winners are...

DeacInVermont*
DeaconPeach*
bernbp5* pick set name (not sure who this is)

And the winners' asterisk is for the week 2 reset. :)

And here's your award for winning... :bowrofl: :woot: :golfclap:

Seriously, congrats to you all for outlasting the rest of us and surviving this long.

This was a lot of fun! :dancindeac:

Game theory question:

So I'm in first place heading into monday night in my pick'em league:

Me: 115 points (5 points left to assign
Competitor #1: 108 points (7 left to assign)
Competitor #2: 101 points (15 left to assign)

NYG is just 1.5 point favorites.

Obviously I can go NYG and if they win I win. Also I'm not sure how active either of these two people are, they may not realize they have a chance and go the underdog and if we all go the favorite I win. If I go the underdog and Competitor #2 goes underdog I guaratnee beating him, and at worst am a tie with Competitor #1 (where the tiebreaker I think is total points and I was 3 off on the first one, the second being the MNF score). So do you pick the favorite or the underdog on MNF and why? Assuming they're both active they both go the underdog and if I go the underdog I win.

Last edited:
Back