• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

I agree although I did expect J-roc to be that guy every game until I gave up his senior year.

Hines will be that guy.

Don't know where Hines ends up but he's not an every down running back. He's a scat back guy that you hold your breath every time he touches it but who shouldn't (and IMO can't handle) more than 10-15 touches between special teams, RB, and WR. His best position is probably as a slot WR/Kick return guy. Hell of a talent but I'd be shocked if he's an every down RB in college who can really run the ball into the ground.

Don't know where Hines ends up but he's not an every down running back. He's a scat back guy that you hold your breath every time he touches it but who shouldn't (and IMO can't handle) more than 10-15 touches between special teams, RB, and WR. His best position is probably as a slot WR/Kick return guy. Hell of a talent but I'd be shocked if he's an every down RB in college who can really run the ball into the ground.

That may be true on a normal team. At Wake he'll play every down. Hell he may play on defense too.

2016 FB Recruiting: More Offers to RBs and WRs

NO HINES FOR YOU. Not everyone can be TA McClendon.

Malik is from my HS. We did not have football there when I went. Also the same school as Kam Uter….

One addition to the Big Board (post #2 in this thread) stemming from a new offer this week. I can't say that I watched Saved By the Bell, but those of you who did will note that he attends Bayside High School :). Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!

Phillip Patterson (6’1 / 175 CB/S/WR) – Bayside HS / Virginia Beach, VA
Rating: Unrated
Offers: Wake Forest and Duke
Background: The recruiting websites list Patterson as a WR, but Duke offered him as a DB. The initial thinking is that he could be a tall, physical CB but if he fills out over the next 18 months they would take him as a safety. So I am going to assume that Wake is taking the same approach and will put him on the Big Board as a DB for now.
Recruitment: Duke was the first to offer (October 16th). Patterson has visited Duke multiple times, including an unofficial visit for the Duke-Virginia game an 10/18. Patterson was expected to visit Wake Forest for the Virginia Tech game and was offered by Wake a few days later.

One more post before I get Thanksgiving started…..

A look at which schools Wake is going head-to-head with the most often for members of my 2016 Big Board. It demonstrates how important it will be to win our share of in-state recruiting battles for the 2016 class.

N.C. State 8
UNC 6
Boston College 5
Duke 4
West Virginia 3
Georgia Tech 3

For comparison purposes, here is the same analysis for the 2015 class as it stood when I posted it on May 7th:

Boston College 11
Syracuse 7
Mississippi St 7
Rutgers 6
Virginia 6
5 each for: Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, Northwestern and Illinois

Very different. I think that the differences are attributable to both the early focus on recruits closer to home for the 2016 class, plus the fact that we are earlier in the process right now.

I'm thankful for your great analysis, Deac94.

One more post before I get Thanksgiving started…..

A look at which schools Wake is going head-to-head with the most often for members of my 2016 Big Board. It demonstrates how important it will be to win our share of in-state recruiting battles for the 2016 class.

N.C. State 8
UNC 6
Boston College 5
Duke 4
West Virginia 3
Georgia Tech 3

For comparison purposes, here is the same analysis for the 2015 class as it stood when I posted it on May 7th:

Boston College 11
Syracuse 7
Mississippi St 7
Rutgers 6
Virginia 6
5 each for: Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, Northwestern and Illinois

Very different. I think that the differences are attributable to both the early focus on recruits closer to home for the 2016 class, plus the fact that we are earlier in the process right now.

Deac94, if you ever feel so inclined, I love to see a scoreboard of which schools we have beaten for recruits.

Back