• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Deac94, if you ever feel so inclined, I love to see a scoreboard of which schools we have beaten for recruits.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. I summarized scholarship offers for our 2015 commits. Note that I cannot put together a true analysis of recruiting wins/losses because I can’t tell which offers were committable versus noncommittable. To be consistent, I didn’t exclude an offer even in situations where I knew that it was not committable. A couple of other notes: 1) I used Rivals for efficiency even though 247s offer lists seem to be slightly more reliable/comprehensive, 2) the numbers below are heavily driven by 5 players: Bo Archibald, Jake Bargas, Dionte Austin, Kendall Hinton and Steven Claude.

Here are the schools that offered 3 or more of our commits. The results were actually very interesting:

Duke 6
Boston College 4
Illinois 4
Indiana 4
Rutgers 3
UVA 3
Kentucky 3
Mississippi State 3
Louisville 3

The biggest surprise for me was that Duke was at the top of the list. I wouldn’t have guessed that. However, I will say again that I am not sure how many times we truly beat them head-to-head. There is no way to really know.

The other big surprise for me was certain schools in our area that didn’t make the list. We had only one recruit with an offer from the following schools: N.C. State (Hinton), Georgia Tech (Austin), Maryland (Austin) and Virginia Tech (Austin). We don’t have any commits that were offered by Clemson.

I also expected that we would have more commits with offers from Louisville. It has been documented that they are probably the biggest user of noncommittable offers as a recruiting tool. I think that they offer every kid that they send mail to. Just kidding (somewhat).

I wasn’t surprised that Boston College, Illinois, Indiana and Rutgers made the list. I knew that we were overlapping with them a lot last year.

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. I summarized scholarship offers for our 2015 commits. Note that I cannot put together a true analysis of recruiting wins/losses because I can’t tell which offers were committable versus noncommittable. To be consistent, I didn’t exclude an offer even in situations where I knew that it was not committable. A couple of other notes: 1) I used Rivals for efficiency even though 247s offer lists seem to be slightly more reliable/comprehensive, 2) the numbers below are heavily driven by 5 players: Bo Archibald, Jake Bargas, Dionte Austin, Kendall Hinton and Steven Claude.

Here are the schools that offered 3 or more of our commits. The results were actually very interesting:

Duke 6
Boston College 4
Illinois 4
Indiana 4
Rutgers 3
UVA 3
Kentucky 3
Mississippi State 3
Louisville 3

The biggest surprise for me was that Duke was at the top of the list. I wouldn’t have guessed that. However, I will say again that I am not sure how many times we truly beat them head-to-head. There is no way to really know.

The other big surprise for me was certain schools in our area that didn’t make the list. We had only one recruit with an offer from the following schools: N.C. State (Hinton), Georgia Tech (Austin), Maryland (Austin) and Virginia Tech (Austin). We don’t have any commits that were offered by Clemson.

I also expected that we would have more commits with offers from Louisville. It has been documented that they are probably the biggest user of noncommittable offers as a recruiting tool. I think that they offer every kid that they send mail to. Just kidding (somewhat).

I wasn’t surprised that Boston College, Illinois, Indiana and Rutgers made the list. I knew that we were overlapping with them a lot last year.

Thanks 94. I think beating BC and Duke is pretty key for us based on Clawson's apparent recruiting strategy of selling Wake's academics as an advantage.

As long as we are getting offensive linemen that BC wants since they always seem to do well on that front.

Lots of Big Board recruits visiting other schools this weekend:

DT Christian Colon and WR/RB Moe Neal will be at Ohio State for the Ohio State-Michigan game.

RB Tre Harbison, RB Jordon Brown, RB Kennedy McKoy and WR Cornell Powell are expected to be at UNC for the UNC-N.C. State game.

RB Cade Carney was at Virginia Tech yesterday.

Tre Harbison's Crest team beat Moe Neal's Forestview team last night 52-7 prompting this tweet from Forestview's local newspaper:

GastonGazetteSports‏@GazetteSports
News flash: Tre Harbison is good.

Harbison had his 33rd and 34th TDs of the year in the game and sat all of the 2nd half. Not fair to judge Moe Neal on this game. Forestview was completely overmatched.

As long as we are getting offensive linemen that BC wants since they always seem to do well on that front.

That's the dangest thing about BC. For as long as I can remember - and thru at least 3 staff changes - BC always grabs 2-3 huge and good lineman annually....most from NJ and New England and sometimes Ohio. They must have some imbedid HS contacts in those areas.

One of the DTs that I had on the Big Board, 3-star Kobe Smith, committed to N.C. State. I don't know much about him, but had included him on the Board because his offer list didn't look overly intimidating.

Smith is N.C. State's 5th commitment for the 2016 class. They have four 3-stars and one 2-star thus far.

Any interest in Malcom Summers?

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1583148/malcolm-summers[/video]

Last edited:
Apparently, Cutcliffe visited him yesterday.

Back