• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Top visitors for tonight appear to be RB C.J. Freeman and the aforementioned QB Jacob Harrison.
Not sure if its an official or not, but Cade Carney and his family walked by our tailgate tonight on their way in to the stadium.

Safe to say that the helmets went over well with the recruits. A LOT of Twitter buzz at the beginning of the game.

Yeah, the helmets are nice. They just need new uniforms to go along with them. The new helmets/old uniforms combo just looked tacky, but I'm glad recruits were digging them.

Hate the helmets. Love recruits.

Once I realized the helmets were solid gold chrome, I liked them. When I first turned on the game (right after kickoff), b/c of the reflections, I thought they were black fading into a gold chrome.

Love the helmets. Looked awesome on TV.

Thought the helmets looked great.

Another vote for them. Pleased somebody is trying to mix it up without going overboard.

The helmets seemed to be universally liked last night.

Do the seniors still pick the combinations?

I liked the helmets but they need a different decal without the gold outline.

If a kid wants to come to Wake because of the helmets, then "what ever it takes". Clawson shown on Nat'l TV that he's a good coach and is building a good program. My fear was that by the second quarter, we'd be in sad sack mode, and recruits would have turned off the game.

For those who haven't seen them. I love them!

B1zGQ8lIYAAMtKO.jpg:large

Not sure if its an official or not, but Cade Carney and his family walked by our tailgate tonight on their way in to the stadium.

I sure hope he comes to wake.. ive known him since he was a little kid.. his dad is an ECU grad so its gonna be tough to keep him away from greenville

Last edited:
Do we have a shot at getting Nyheim Hines? I heard a radio interview with him on the way to the game last night--very impressive young man.

Do we have a shot at getting Nyheim Hines? I heard a radio interview with him on the way to the game last night--very impressive young man.

Longshot, but he is visiting for the Va Tech game on Nov 22.

94 - can you clear some space in your in-box? I want to send you a PM.

Back