• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Just sick of all of the other schools without black in their colors donning the black hemets. If chrome is the new matte then we should own it! Likely we'll see the black chrome sometime and it will look bad azz!:D

2016 FB Recruiting: Watching for Clemson Game Visitors

Kennedy McKoy offered by Wake

Last edited:
I am updating the Big Board on post #3 in the thread for the offers from last week. Here is the write-up for Chavis Dawkins:

Chavis Dawkins (6’2 / 195 WR ) - Byrnes HS / Duncan, SC
Rating: Unrated
Power 5 Offers: Wake Forest and N.C. State
Background: Dawkins plays for a powerhouse program in SC. Right now receptions are shared with a top 20 2015 TE and a 2015 WR with D-1 offers. He says that his best 40 times are in the 4.5 range. He is looking for a school that provides the right combination of education, style of play and game day atmosphere.
Recruitment: N.C. State was the first to offer when they offered Dawkins in June. He told Scout that he has been in regular contact with the NCSU staff since their offer. He also told Scout that the Wake Forest offer was somewhat of a surprise because the staff had not had much contact with him before the offer. Dawkins said that he plans to visit Wake Forest at some point to learn more about the program. In September he said that he was planning visits to North Carolina (no offer) and Auburn (no offer). Out of the schools that haven’t offered, those 2 were recruiting him the hardest. He has said on multiple occasions that he would like to get more recruiting interest from Clemson and South Carolina.

New article on RB Tre Harbison has some very positive comments about Wake, but Harbison is also looking to grow his offer list. The 4 schools that he is involved with that have not yet offered are Florida, Vandy, Wisconsin and South Carolina.

There was already a lot to like about Harbison, but one new fact to add to that list is that he has a 3.5 GPA.

Darion Slade tells 247 that Wake and West Virginia are leading Duke right now. Looking to get more offers.

For those who haven't seen them. I love them!

B1zGQ8lIYAAMtKO.jpg:large

Those helmets are badass and they looked great on TV - especially after I realized they weren't that tacky garbage like the Jaguars have.

#Phoebus HS (VA) 2016 DB Robbie Robinson (@RobinsonEra_2) receives offer from the #WakeForest #DemonDeacons

2016 QB/Ath Spence Jones - FRA (TN) tells me he is visiting #Furman this weekend & #WakeForest next weekend. #MidTN16 247sports.com/Player/Spence-…

Those helmets are badass and they looked great on TV - especially after I realized they weren't that tacky garbage like the Jaguars have.

Agree but anyone know how/where ya get this mirrored look application ? Is it paint or some other process ?

2016 OT John Simpson - Fort Dorchester (Sc) has added a new offer tonight from #WakeForest. #Deacs #ACC

Duke picked up their 2nd 4-star commit for the 2016 class. 2 out of their 3 commits are 4-stars. Both from Virginia.

Duke picked up their 2nd 4-star commit for the 2016 class. 2 out of their 3 commits are 4-stars. Both from Virginia.

I assume they have not picked up a top three Kicker yet? Wake's kicking game is insane and appears will continue to be insane :)

Saw some chatter on Twitter that Dwayne Haskins is expected to visit for the VT game. This would be the biggest name from the 2016 class to attend a home game this season (no offense to Robert Washington). Haskins is the Rivals #5 pro-style QB in the country and Rivals #62 overall player in the country. He visited campus this summer, so this would be his second trip to W-S. Was HS teammates with Justin Herron at The Bullis School in Maryland. Ohio State is widely considered the favorite to land Haskins.

Back