• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Pugh has nice size, athleticism and the beginnings of a decent skill set. Assuming he continues to develop he should be a solid college player. It's a good idea to start showing interest in him now, but I would hold off offering him for awhile. It doesn't hurt that he's an excellent student.

Somebody get working on the new Wake basketball intro music.

(NSFW language)

Somebody get working on the new Wake basketball intro music.

(NSFW language)

oh man, this would be the PERFECT song if we got giles

maybe bump some dre day.... unc can eat a big fat diiiiiiiiiiiiiiick, duke can eat a big fat diiiiiiiiiiick

lol the "Know Your Program" guy commented on that post

I saw that. What an idiot.

Yall zip it. JStowe is mah jock sniffin' boi!!!

10727562_1558042991082451_108387487_n.jpg

I have posted a few times on recruits feeds, but it is only after they have committed and simply a 'welcome to the Wake Forest family - we are glad to have you' or something like that. Fans should never be pursuing these high schoolers. Super creepy, and I can't imagine that it plays well to the recruit to have any messages from an OWG before they decide.

I have posted a few times on recruits feeds, but it is only after they have committed and simply a 'welcome to the Wake Forest family - we are glad to have you' or something like that. Fans should never be pursuing these high schoolers. Super creepy, and I can't imagine that it plays well to the recruit to have any messages from an OWG before they decide.

Agreed. Having some blue haired jock sniffer, a walmart tar heel, or any fan who is not a hot coed blowing up my social media would creep me the fuck out.

Kentucky fans do this stuff all the time and it's actually pretty effective. Recruits consider this part of the programs "showing them love." It's a little different to have a pic of yourself, but so many people just have Twitter handles that are "UK #1 Fan" with a pic of the UK logo and constantly tweet at recruits. College coaches even disguise themselves as these fans and tweet at recruits. It's kind of sick, but it's part of the game.

In my opinion there is no better advice for this guy than "know your role".

He is not a hot girl, he is not a former nba player, and he is not a celebrity. If you do not qualify under one of those headings in my opinion your role as a fan is to avoid direct contact with potential recruits.

I'm looking forward to reports on which recruits show up at Black and Gold Madness tonight.

Back