• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k16- SJM, Washington, Childress & Mitchell sign NLIs; 2017?

Could Wake "bonus" RC the cost of full tuition?

Given that we have 4-5 scholarships for that year, I don't think we need to try and bring in Brandon without a scholarship. Plus I think he is good enough to get a scholarship. The lack of outside offers is likely the result of schools assuming that he's going to Wake and not wasting time to recruit.

Given that we have 4-5 scholarships for that year, I don't think we need to try and bring in Brandon without a scholarship. Plus I think he is good enough to get a scholarship. The lack of outside offers is likely the result of schools assuming that he's going to Wake and not wasting time to recruit.

Well he's also short and doesn't have elite speed to compensate for it. If he grows three inches, then that would change.

This statement is going to be unpopular but it's true:

If Brandon wasn't Chill's son and didn't play on the same team as Harry and Kwe most of the people on this board would be furious if we were talking about giving him a scholarship.

That being said, He is Chill's son (which means at the very least he will play hard and smart) and he has experience playing with talented teammates that we hope to land. Hopefully he will continue to grow and develop his dad's killer instinct and killer shot. If not then we will have a rock solid back-up point guard and that's more than worth a scholarship.

why would people be furious about offering a rock solid backup point guard in a year where we have a lot of scholarships to give?

why would people be furious about offering a rock solid backup point guard in a year where we have a lot of scholarships to give?

Because I'm only assuming he will be a rock solid backup point guard because he has Chill's DNA.

Hopefully he has a great Junior year and his stock rises. But at the moment he is an unranked undersized point guard. I'm sure part of that comes from not being the first or second option on his team, but part of it is that his size and lack of athleticism raise questions about his defense and ability to finish inside at the ACC level.

Last edited:
Watching the wake camp tape he hit 9/10 threes and was strong to the hoop and handled well. I want him even if he is the only one we get. Hope not but he's a player and looks to have a lot of his dad in him. That's a good thing

I'm sure there are thousands of former players whose kids have sucked (including Michael Jordan), but it is so hard not to think of him as Steph Curry at this point, where 5 years from now everyone will be saying what the hell happened if we don't bend over backwards to take him.

You are correct. It is another Brandon Childress. It's not a name I'd think there would be two of. My bad.

I'm sure there are thousands of former players whose kids have sucked (including Michael Jordan), but it is so hard not to think of him as Steph Curry at this point, where 5 years from now everyone will be saying what the hell happened if we don't bend over backwards to take him.

Think Seth, rather than Steph, but I do think he is being slept on in a similar way.

On the one hand, I see why he's underrated. He played in mediocre high school programs, was extremely undersized for a two guard, and hasn't really seen his talent translate into high major offers. From the perspective of recruiting analysts, I get why he was under the radar prior to this summer. What confuses me is why he continues to toil, more or less, in relative obscurity.

On the other hand, I think some on here are being disingenuous. IMO, Chill definitely looks the part of a high major recruit. There are plenty of examples of 6'0 combo guards who have thrived at a high level, who are nowhere near as advanced a scorer as Chill.

He's doing everything he can. He's been completely wrong twice already on this thread.

"Randolph was the #2 player overall in his class? Is that right?"

Randolph was NOT #2 in his class coming out of HS. My post is correct.

By the way how is posting on subject making the thread about me? You and James are trying to do that, not me.

Let me make this clear.

B Chill is the son of a WF legend. I do not want to make the same mistake VTech did with BOTH Curry brothers. To me, offering Chill a scholarship is worth it on so many different levels. I am not comparing him to Stephen Curry but I'm just saying, if he turns out to be half as good as his dad was....It is worth it.

That is said before the connection to Harry or Kwe comes into play.

"Randolph was the #2 player overall in his class? Is that right?"

Randolph was NOT #2 in his class coming out of HS. My post is correct.

By the way how is posting on subject making the thread about me? You and James are trying to do that, not me.

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your memory and your typing. Do you really have no ability to read critically or recognize context? Nobody on this board thinks that Childress was the #2 player in the nation coming out of high school, yet, you can't wait to misread half of the thread and correct someone who says he was #2 in his class when they clearly meant the Wake Forest recruiting class.

When people who are trying to carry on an intelligent conversation constantly have to talk to you like you're eight years old and correct you for interjecting incorrect and argumentative statements, the thread becomes about you. Maybe you've witnessed this phenomenon in public when two adults are trying to talk about dinner and the eight-year old is constantly interrupting and saying he doesn't like any of their suggestions. Eventually the adults have to chastise the child and tell him that he's not a part of the conversation and that he's not helping. Figure out which part of this story pertains to you.

Back