• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

That goes back to Carl Tacy. He was doing a magnificent job as a laid-back coach, but the fans saw success from volatile coaches like Valvano at NC State & Cremins at Georgia Tech and didn't appreciate what Carl was doing....under nearly impossible circumstances.

Aren't you friends with Carl Tacy? How does he characterize Wake fans in this regard?

The Carl Tacy I knew would say something like, "It's a different time and our fans support the Deacs in their own way. It may not be the same but not much is. Go Deacs!"

All this talk about emotional coaches reminded me of one of my favorite things about Skip: every once in a while, he'd get so goddamn frustrated, he'd jam his hands in his pockets and kick the scorer's table. Sometimes the kick would result in a cup of water falling off the table.

Carry on.

When he had teams that played as stupidly and with as little heart as his 2005-06 team did, I can understand why he got frustrated. That team had 4 seniors in the rotation, including two who had previously made All-ACC....and finished dead last in the conference with a 3-13 record.

Manning has actually put himself in a good position. Because he doesn't rant and rave, refs don't tune him out for that reason. If he did get upset occasionally, it would be out of character and thus it would have some impact. The problem is he never employs this advantage.

When he had teams that played as stupidly and with as little heart as his 2005-06 team did, I can understand why he got frustrated. That team had 4 seniors in the rotation, including two who had previously made All-ACC....and finished dead last in the conference with a 3-13 record.

Yeah Carl Tacy never had teams fall apart. :tard:

the timeout that Manning called late in the game specifically to get Collins in for offense and then Collins promptly scored was a great move.

Yep- Collins playing with 4 fouls and the way the game was being officiated was boo scary that he was going to foul out. Props to both DM and JC to work to keep him on the floor at game's end.

Manning's "good" coaching was not behind this comeback

Lol at the MFF. When we lose because of a late game comeback it's all Danny's fault. When we win because of a 19 point comeback, Danny has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny has gotten better. There is no doubt. His 2nd half tonight compared to some games earlier in the year...much better.

Overall? still probably green. But I think he is cutting down on the huge mistakes to be honest.

Danny has gotten better. There is no doubt. His 2nd half tonight compared to some games earlier in the year...much better.

Overall? still probably green. But I think he is cutting down on the huge mistakes to be honest.

Agreed. Still has much to learn but has been better the second part of the season.

Putting Crawford at the free throw line against their 2-3 was a great call. Ideally, we'd have a big distributing from there, but if Crawford/Woods is what it takes to shake it up and get the 2-3 shifting, then that's what we've got to do.

Whatever happened to the credibility watch thread credibility watch? Not credible enough?

Putting Crawford at the free throw line against their 2-3 was a great call. Ideally, we'd have a big distributing from there, but if Crawford/Woods is what it takes to shake it up and get the 2-3 shifting, then that's what we've got to do.

Very true.

DM is improving significantly. That Clemson game last year was the bottom.

His timeouts and adjustments against Pitt were good. I thought he was good vs. Duke there despite the constant crying on here. The game at Clemson was the worst officiated game if the past couple of years. They killed us, and DM complained but should've done more. I love doesn't the water toss during the Duke game.

Back