• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

Hell, I even noticed on FB that Overalls has already turned against Manning. And that's a guy who still, to this day, thinks that [Redacted] didn't get a fair shake.

Damn, things are getting brutal but Ron Wellman making bad hires in revenue sports is no surprise. Just a different name with the same results.

Disaster of a game today. This has to be one of the most disheartening losses I can recall since the Clemson game earlier this week. Do we have a chance at a CBI bid?

Only remaining highlight is going to see our name pop up in the "bad loss" column for UCLA, Indiana and LSU. We may single-handedly keep Ben Simmons out of the NCAA...

mr_hankey_by_jeffaroni-d7adaeu.jpg

Right back at it again! We held a lead at halftime and then get beat. I don't understand this team, coach, or program. Ron Wellman is clearly the problem but Manning doesn't know how to coach plain and simple. There is a chance we only win one game in the league this year considering this road loss is better than our previous few home losses.

Manning is WAY over his head out there, should not be a coach in this league and Tulsa is about his ceiling

Time to be honest. Danny Manning was a hell of a player and is still considered a big name in basketball. However, he has no credibility as a coach or recruiter and has proven this night in and night out. It is almost as if the players don't respect him as a coach which might explain why this team seems so lost. Ron Wellman is the culprit behind this mess by hiring Manning but if he wants to stay AD, he needs to open some back door channels and get Manning out the door before the job becomes so toxic that not even the West Forsyth High School coach would touch it. Manning needs to go after the ACC tournament, this season is lost.

It is simply negligent to hand an inexperienced coach a steep rebuilding job like Wellman handed Manning. Gross incompetence.

If we stop Barber tomorrow we will win the game. However, I don't think the coaches know how they are going to do that.

Back