• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

They do need to closely look at what to do to protect the spectators. Larry McReynolds has come out recommending that rows be removed to add greater distance. I would be curious to know where the injured spectators were seated. We're they front row or fifteen rowa up equal to the top of the catch fence.

This is actually something Daytona is addressing with Daytona Rising. Their fence heightening has been widely publicized, but they've also moved the grandstands back away from the track and upwards. Most of the stands and rows where fans were injured by Larson's car in 2013 will ultimately be removed. They've also banned fans from standing in the area up next to the fence while the race is going on.

tAApgXR.jpg

WakeGal-> I agree with most of what you're saying. The safety/speed argument I was making was based upon the precursor of money flowing out of the sport from the hypothetical decision you were possibly advocating for (not running the race Sunday night). At current levels, I think your sources are absolutely right.

The Josh Wise thing is bizarre but its absolutely the right call by NASCAR. Whether he wants to admit it or not, his "damage" came from debris from the accident. In my mind, that makes him part of the accident and getting checked out after your car is disabled from a wreck should absolutely be required. If 1/100 of those situations is ridiculous (like Wise's was), oh well. You better believe at least some of the 99-non ridiculous cases would be trying to take advantage of a loosened rulebook on that issue.

is battery unplugged code for heart issues?

WakeGal-> I agree with most of what you're saying. The safety/speed argument I was making was based upon the precursor of money flowing out of the sport from the hypothetical decision you were possibly advocating for (not running the race Sunday night). At current levels, I think your sources are absolutely right.

The Josh Wise thing is bizarre but its absolutely the right call by NASCAR. Whether he wants to admit it or not, his "damage" came from debris from the accident. In my mind, that makes him part of the accident and getting checked out after your car is disabled from a wreck should absolutely be required. If 1/100 of those situations is ridiculous (like Wise's was), oh well. You better believe at least some of the 99-non ridiculous cases would be trying to take advantage of a loosened rulebook on that issue.

I feel very confident about my source. My husband and I were taking yesterday that we are quite interested to see how this plays out. We are seeing it insinuated and hinted at in interviews. At the end of the day, I think Richard Childress is going to make a power play in light of the fact that it was his grandson. They are extremely close and it will be interesting to watch. A lot may occur unseen initially to the public but we will see the ramifications.

I'm not a huge Kentucky fan, but I am excited about 3 nights of racing starting tonight with the trucks.

I feel very confident about my source. My husband and I were taking yesterday that we are quite interested to see how this plays out. We are seeing it insinuated and hinted at in interviews. At the end of the day, I think Richard Childress is going to make a power play in light of the fact that it was his grandson. They are extremely close and it will be interesting to watch. A lot may occur unseen initially to the public but we will see the ramifications.

What type of power play could Childress make? Tell NASCAR his drivers won't drive past a certain hour? I seriously doubt NASCAR would care. Nobody can power play NASCAR.

Another scary wreck with Ben Kennedy getting into the catch fence at Kentucky. Luckily he walked away.

I hate the NBC coverage. Every restart they are screaming like it's a Green/White/Checker. Every pass for position they are screaming like it's a pass in turn 4 of the last lap for the win. Just calm down. It's a long race.

Also, commercials sometimes start mid-sentence and end after a restart has already happened.

So far I really like the new aero package. There was more movement of the cars, and better racing than there's been in some time.

2015 NASCAR Thread - Kentucky - Ben Kennedy Lucky to be Alive

So far I really like the new aero package. There was more movement of the cars, and better racing than there's been in some time.

Yeah the drivers were raving about it in pit road post race interviews. Hope it stays - the 1.5 milers could use the excitement.

Goodyear did have the tire ready that was designed to go with that package, but it will debut at Darlington. Its a softer compound that falls off quicker, which should make the racing even better. Between the new package, the tires, and the throwback paint schemes, this could easily be the best race of the year.

Tonight is one of my favorite nights of the year, the Mudsummer Classic. I just hate it starts so late in the evening.

Back