• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

As a die hard Ken Schrader fan I can't wait to see him out there tonight. I see that he is driving a 2013 Toyota, and is the only entrant to do so, he must know something the others don't......or doesn't want to build a new truck.

I really miss the Xfinity series racing at Indianapolis Raceway Park. It just doesnt feel right for them to race on the big track, especially when the racing was much better at IRP.

I am considering going to the Southern 500 at Darlington on 6 September (it will be a last minute decision if the weekend is free). Can anyone with personal experience please give me your recommendation regarding which seats/section of track has the best overall view.

We went to Darlington 2 years ago and had seats on the front stretch midway up. On paper, these looked like phenomenal seats. In person, they were horrible, as the 15-20 feet closest to the outside wall (where everyone was racing) were in a complete blind spot. Someone here (IIRC, it was Rubbins) had warned me, after I had already bought my tickets, that that would be the case. Unfortunately he was absolutely right.

Hence my request for advice. Many thanks for your time.

2015 NASCAR Thread - The Brickyard

Yep I remember that. There is a relatively new grandstand around the entry to turn one. There are some great seats there. You can see down pit road and have a great view of the whole track. Very cool to see em going through 3/4 from there too.

Eta: just checked, those seats are the Brasington Grandstands. I would try to get high up and as far to the left (if you are seated, facing the track) as you can to ensure you can see pit road.

Last edited:
Was anyone watching during the caution when they focused on kyle Busch? He picked up a ziplock bag from his crotch area and then threw it out the window. There was much debate in our household as to what the bag contained. I think melted ice. My husband this body excrement.

Was anyone watching during the caution when they focused on kyle Busch? He picked up a ziplock bag from his crotch area and then threw it out the window. There was much debate in our household as to what the bag contained. I think melted ice. My husband thinks body excrement.

I fell asleep. What a snooze fest. Am I the only one who doesn't regard this race as "huge" like all of the announcers? They've been racing there for only a little over twenty years. It's not a marquis race.

I fell asleep. What a snooze fest. Am I the only one who doesn't regard this race as "huge" like all of the announcers? They've been racing there for only a little over twenty years. It's not a marquis race.

Which makes me feel kind of de sade.

So much empty at the Brickyard.

I was thinking the same thing, then I looked at some numbers. The Brickyard seats 250,000, and I'd be generous and say maybe 80,000-100,000 were there. That's about average for a Brickyard NASCAR race, and would be a hell of a good turnout for some of the other NASCAR tracks. It just looks so cavernous when half the seats are empty.

I had a great two hour nap in the middle. Much like Pocono, they tend to get strung out and except for the final handful of laps, there are very long green flag runs. I'd much rather see a car have a problem, go to the back, and work their way back up to the front than what happened yesterday. Without Trevor Bayne and Aric Almirola getting into it, there'd be very little of interest.

How about Kyle Busch though? As much as I love to hate him, he's got a hell of a lot of talent. You've got to appreciate that.

NASCAR has been doing this for years though - trying to hype this race to appear like the next biggest race after the Daytona 500. Please. I get that it is special to race on the historically significant IMS but don't try to sell me a crock of shit as one of the best NASCAR races of the year.

Danica, again, took a top 10 car and finished 27th.

And I'm done, done, done with Gordon this year in Fantasy! Every time I've put him in, he's shit the bed. Sure he's had some good finishes this year, but not when I've expected him to do well and put him in. :( I was sooooooooooooo close to putting in Kyle, but I thought, "No, I'm going to trust Jeff in his last start at Indy. He'll be determined to go out finishing well." What a dumb mistake that was. And, yes, I realize he got caught up in somebody else's mess, but still. Urgh!!!!

So, how done is Tony Stewart? Will he ever regain his edge and be competitive again?

Yep I remember that. There is a relatively new grandstand around the entry to turn one. There are some great seats there. You can see down pit road and have a great view of the whole track. Very cool to see em going through 3/4 from there too.

Eta: just checked, those seats are the Brasington Grandstands. I would try to get high up and as far to the left (if you are seated, facing the track) as you can to ensure you can see pit road.

Rubbins:

Many, many thanks for your time and kind advice. I will file this knowledge away for the future.

My 9 year old wants to go to another race this year (beyond the 2 Martinsville races that we always attend) and we are debating between Darlington and Bristol.

That would be great for Boyer. MWR has been a train wreck for years.

Posting the full link because I'm on tapatalk. As a Rusty fan, this will make it difficult to pull against him at Michigan.

Last edited:
Back