• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

I'm pretty stoked. We leave Tuesday morning for Bristol. I'll say, the Wed Modified/Truck double header is my favorite night of the week. So much to offer if you head up early.

Ugh. I had a great week going - 3 inside the top 10 most of the race - until Bowyer made his Bowyeresque bonehead move.

We had a total of five fantasy players over today to watch the race. It was interesting watching the reactions based upon who we were playing. We did all enjoy JJs troubles today.

Heading up Tuesday morning to Bristol for my favorite week of the year. Roof passes again for Friday night in turns 3 and 4. If you've never had an opportunity to walk the infield at Bristol, I'd suggest doing it at least once. The banking is breathtaking.

Bowyer also screwed me in Fantasy today. I always seem to overlook Matt Kenseth. I don't know if I have started him one time in the last three years in my group.

ha Bowyer screwed me too

kenseth is poor man's logano, good everywhere and easily overlooked for Harvick / JJ

We had a total of five fantasy players over today to watch the race. It was interesting watching the reactions based upon who we were playing. We did all enjoy JJs troubles today.

Heading up Tuesday morning to Bristol for my favorite week of the year. Roof passes again for Friday night in turns 3 and 4. If you've never had an opportunity to walk the infield at Bristol, I'd suggest doing it at least once. The banking is breathtaking.

I've done the tour at Daytona and saw the banking there. They do not allow people to get out and walk up the turns but they do allow you to walk up the start/finish line. The banking is quite impressive standing at the bottom. I'm sure Bristol's is even more daunting.

Bowyer also screwed me in Fantasy today. I always seem to overlook Matt Kenseth. I don't know if I have started him one time in the last three years in my group.

Kenseth is kind of the quiet dark horse. He doesn't get quite the media hype that Jr., JJ, and others get and isn't an outspoken kind of guy. But dude is Mr. Consistency. He's almost always good for a top 10 finish.

Checking in from our soggy campsite at Bristol, just outside of turn 3.
dae687130e0669eca977c095e4e46c70.jpg

Nice view TSY. We will be up on Old White Top road in a couple days.

Hopefully Burt Myers continues his solid performance in the Modified's tonight. I haven't seen an entry list but he should be racing, not sure if any of the other Bowman Gray guys will be there.

Burt is running, but Jason is not. Danny Bohn is also running according to Jayski.

The sun is finally out and the mods are practicing. Bring your allergy meds LC. Something is blooming up here and we've already made an urgent Walmart run for sinus meds.

Another Domino falls for MWR... Bowyer released following this season. MWR will not field a full time ride next year.

http://news.yahoo.com/michael-waltrip-racing-grants-clint-bowyer-release-2016-131718800--spt.html

http://nascartalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/19/michael-waltrip-racing-wont-race-sprint-cup-full-time-in-2016/

Good for Clint.
So how long before that joke of a team either gets absorbed into another organization or closes the doors?

Sucks for a bunch of good folks who work for MWR. Hope they land on their feet. Sounds like they are closing the doors right after Homestead.

2015 NASCAR Thread - IT'S BRISTOL BABY!

So having a personality and the same last name as a nascar legend isn't enough to field a viable nascar team? You don't say.

I think I have 4 tix for tomorrow and 1 extra for Sat, PM me if you need them.

Back