• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 NASCAR Thread - Congrats Kyle Busch

It sucks that so many eligible drivers are not going to compete in the Sprint Unlimited. Bob Pockrass provides a possible explanation as to why many of the smaller teams cannot participate.

With the new tech rules, no one has older cars they can run...even at Daytona for the preseason race.

I think they are running last years rules at the plate tracks meaning their cars from last year would be available.

Can someone please point me to a link where I can see the projected field for tomorrow night's Sprint Unlimited? I haven't been able to find one.

Can someone please point me to a link where I can see the projected field for tomorrow night's Sprint Unlimited? I haven't been able to find one.

Here's the entry list for the Unlimited.
http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/2015-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-Sprint-Unlimited#drivers

Here's the entry list for the 500. 50 cars are hoping to qualify.
http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2015/story/_/page/01-Daytona-2015-Entry-List

Jayski has a unique format, but they generally have a ton of Nascar information.

YEAH BOY! Junebug takes the cup this year, mark it dude. Wouldn't be surprised if he sweeps the Daytona races and goes back to back 500s either. JUNIOR 2015!!88!!!1!

Anybody else see Jr. on Kelly and Michael this morning? He talked about his old western town he built on his property, among other things. I've see the pictures before, but it's pretty cool. Dudes got more money than he know what to do with.

I'm doing the NASCAR driving experience tomorrow. What are the odds I hit the wall? I got my wife's car up to about 110 on Charlotte Motor Speedway during the Christmas lights show a couple of years ago before a state trooper lit me up and ushered me out, and even at that speed I didn't venture too far up the embankment because I thought I would slide down or tip over.

Man, I am pumped for NASCAR season to kick off tomorrow night!!! I ordered my tickets to the Goody's 500 at Martinsville on November 1 today.

I'm simultaneously eager and anxious to see how Junior and Greg Ives will mesh this season, along with having 3 different pit crew members (Kevin Harris is no longer on his team, having moved to JGR to be on Carl Edwards' pit crew).

I'm doing the NASCAR driving experience tomorrow. What are the odds I hit the wall? I got my wife's car up to about 110 on Charlotte Motor Speedway during the Christmas lights show a couple of years ago before a state trooper lit me up and ushered me out, and even at that speed I didn't venture too far up the embankment because I thought I would slide down or tip over.

I have no idea but I want to hear about this after you do it.

You won't hit the wall but it is awesome if you do the right one. I think the governors or engine blocker things kick in at 150 or 155

I have no idea but I want to hear about this after you do it.

It was pretty damn cool. It was an hour class/video, then some time to get in the suit and hooked into the car and radio, and then 5 minutes of drive time. Nobody else is in the car with you, but you are on a constant two-way radio with a dedicated spotter guiding you around. I got through 5 laps, top speed of 146. The spotter is talking in your ear the whole time and they start you slower on the first couple of laps to get comfortable with the car before topping out, but like Rubbins said hitting turns 3 and 4 at top speed feels like your balls are going to get pulled down through the seat. It felt like the back end was going to slide up and I was fighting it pretty hard to keep a straight line.
The one thing that I didn't realize was the gear ratio - they have you come off pit road and cycle through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd on the apron, hit 4th while getting up off the apron onto the backstretch, and then stay in 4th the entire rest of the time. I was thinking that there would be some up/down shifting while on the track itself, but apparently not (which was probably good, as I haven't driven a standard shift car in about 10 years and the clutch on this was pretty beat up). It was definitely a fun experience, I would highly recommend.

Back