• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RapSheet #Packers WR Jarrett Boykin visiting the #Panthers

I'd be OK with Boykin, though I will note GB receivers have a pretty terrible track record once they leave Lambeau. I'm not sure James Jones is still breathing air.

And even though it was a loaded rotation, he basically didn't see the field last year

Last edited:
Boykin is the type of guy you bring in for a visit in 2 weeks. Not the day after free agency starts. This is dumb.

Everyone including the front office saying we need speed yet I'm pretty sure he ran a 4.7 during his combine.

Edit: 4.74 to be exact.

Graham might be my least favorite player in the NFL. Glad to see he's gone from NO, but wish he went to an AFC team, or at least an NFC team we won't have to see if we're in the playoffs.

Rumors that Brees could be off to Cleveland for two 1st round picks

So the Saints could have four 1st round picks?

That's exactly what they need with their cap situation.

That would be a ridiculously poor trade for Cleveland.

That seems too dumb for even Cleveland.

ETA: Looking into the cap implications, it's not possible for the Saints to even trade Brees.

What’s the point of devoting the league’s second-largest cap hit ($26.4 million) to Drew Brees if you’re not going to run the offense around his skills? While there was speculation that the Saints could move on from Brees, it’s just not possible; they would owe $7 million more on their cap by trading him

Last edited:
That seems too dumb for even Cleveland.

ETA: Looking into the cap implications, it's not possible for the Saints to even trade Brees.

What’s the point of devoting the league’s second-largest cap hit ($26.4 million) to Drew Brees if you’re not going to run the offense around his skills? While there was speculation that the Saints could move on from Brees, it’s just not possible; they would owe $7 million more on their cap by trading him

They can trade him cap wise. It would save them $11m in cap room. They can't cut him though. His entire $18m salary for next season is guaranteed.

What is Barnwell talking about then?

He's wrong. Probably just a mistake on his part not realizing the $18m guaranteed salary would be the responsibility of the team Brees is traded to and would come off the saints cap. If he's cut then the saints have to pay it and it would be a cap loss of $7m.

The Official 2015 Ed "HOF" Dickson Thread

He's wrong. Probably just a mistake on his part not realizing the $18m guaranteed salary would be the responsibility of the team Brees is traded to and would come off the saints cap. If he's cut then the saints have to pay it and it would be a cap loss of $7m.

Fucking Lutz

df50bfa45539261550ac72e1f0694f45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back