• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Byron Bell all over again unless they draft a LT in the 1st.

Gettleman confirms that Oher wikk play LT.....:/

Rd8xu.gif

According to his agent, Hardy is deciding between Dallas and Tampa Bay. Both scenarios are pretty brutal for us. I can't stand the thought of him lining up and torching Oher as a Buc.

According to his agent, Hardy is deciding between Dallas and Tampa Bay. Both scenarios are pretty brutal for us. I can't stand the thought of him lining up and torching Oher as a Buc.

Honestly, it sounds like Rosenhaus is just using the Bucs as a way to drive up his price for Dallas like he tried to do with Seattle yesterday. I can't really believe the Bucs would agree to a deal with Hardy without even bringing him in for a visit first. Also, signing Hardy and drafting Jameis in the same offseason is probably not the best PR move. I think Dallas is a really safe bet for his destination.

Gurley is coming to visit

I think before his injury Gurley was the most impressive back I've seen in college since AP. I would love to have him on the Panthers, but can't really picture a scenario where we could afford to get him where he is projected given our needs.

Last edited:
I wouldn't take a RB in the 1st regardless of who the RB is or team needs. I definitely wouldn't take an RB in the 1st with this roster. I'd consider Gurley in the 2nd. That's it.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider · 4h 4 hours ago
Teddy Williams' two-year Panthers deal: $1.8 million, $220K bonus, salaries $660K, $860K; up to $250K playtime incentives annual

That's actually not too bad. Reports earlier were like $2.3M. Also, he apparently doesn't count in the compensatory pick calculation because he played for two teams last year or something which was another reason I didn't like the signing.

For comp picks we are 1 in(Coleman) and 1 out(Dockery) so Hardy should net us a 3rd or 4th round pick when he signs. We probably want some team to sign Byron Bell so we can sign someone else without losing the Hardy pick otherwise we have to wait until after June 1st to sign anyone without losing that pick.

Gurley visit is likely so the team doctors can do a medical check on him since Gurley declined to let teams do them at the combine. I imagine if everything checks out, he would be strongly considered as a 2nd round pick where he could have a lot of value assuming he falls that far. I can't see us grabbing him in the 1st.

‏@ProFootballTalk
Greg Hardy's salary is $750K. Workout bonus of $1.3116M. $9.25M in per-game roster bonuses. $1.804M in incentives based on sacks.

Up to $13.116M total.

We get a 3rd round comp pick if...

@BlackBlueReview
no, needs to make 8+ mil AND to play 10 games for 3rd round.

So a Hardy suspension would fuck us over once again.

Last edited:
‏@ProFootballTalk
Greg Hardy's salary is $750K. Workout bonus of $1.3116M. $9.25M in per-game roster bonuses. $1.804M in incentives based on sacks.

Up to $13.116M total.

We get a 3rd round comp pick if...

@BlackBlueReview
no, needs to make 8+ mil AND to play 10 games for 3rd round.

So a Hardy suspension would fuck us over once again.

A 3rd round comp pick will be closer to $9M+ which he can't make with a 6 game suspension but very easily could with a 2 or 4 game suspension assuming he stays on the roster all year. It probably works out better than I thought with regards to a comp pick.

I will say it sucks to lose a late round pick that actually pans out to be megastar

I will say it sucks to lose a late round pick that actually pans out to be megastar

It's such a weird unwritten rule that if a player gets into trouble, his current team has to let him go, but it's acceptable for another team to give him a second chance.

It's such a weird unwritten rule that if a player gets into trouble, his current team has to let him go, but it's acceptable for another team to give him a second chance.
It's doesn't make any sense whatsoever

Yup. I'm not in the PR department, but it's really unfortunate that rehabilitation is apparently not accepted by the city/team of condemned player X, but in every other city he's fine. Is it really because Greg Hardy PERSONALLY offended too many Carolinians? You would think that if we addressed the problem, our PR dept. could spin that. Or is the risk of a repeat too high...for some unknown and unspoken reason...

What's crazy is that if Hardy is on his best behavior in his one year deal with the Cowboys, it may be perfectly "acceptable" for him to come back to the Panthers.

I think we could have resigned him if we didn't have Jerry Richardson as our owner.

SC reporting Hardy to Dallas official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back