• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well cecil Shorts is off the board to the texans

It must be asked, did GMan even try? This is more bargain shopping.

We're not at the dollar store folks. It's the dollar tree or dollar general, you pick. All cheap crap, but not $1.

We're not at the dollar store folks. It's the dollar tree or dollar general, you pick. All cheap crap, but not $1.

Well the Dollar Tree is the store where everything is actually a dollar. Dollar General is a completely different monster.

Family Dollar and Dollar General

source: i have to go into too many

I think Dollar Tree actually has a $2 price point as well.

Any hope Gman is setting up for a big pick swap to move up the draft up the draft board and sign a big WR? You'd think he would have to have a reason to not pick up ANY of these mid tier FA WRs...like shorts or nicks.

The upgrade from dollar store to wherever the hell Gettleman is shopping only appears to mean he is giving out 2 year contracts to NFL castoffs rather than 1 year contracts. There is certainly no much of an upgrade in the caliber of the players we are targeting.

It is another great WR draft class. I'd much rather have a 1st round WR than any of the mid tier WRs left. Probably second round as well.

It must be asked, did GMan even try? This is more bargain shopping.

It was definitely never reported that we were interested but I have to think(at least I hope) he called Shorts' agent to find out his asking price. At that point, Gettleman's balls probably shriveled at the thought of actually spending decent money on a player.

FFS, Shorts signed a 2 year, $6M contract with the Texans. That is the exact fucking price range we can afford. I have zero problem with us not going after guys like Cobb, Maclin and Torrey Smith. Splashing around that kind of cash is not what we need to do, but to not even bother with a cheap, productive guy like Shorts is just stupid.

9c4B4.Em_.138.jpeg

Aaron WilsonVerified account
‏@RavensInsider
Kurt Coleman two-yr Panthers deal $2.8M, $600K bonus, salaries $750K, $850K; 9,375 per game active 2015 roster bonus, $15,625 per game 2016

$1.4M per year. Little more than I was hoping for, but way better than the overpay Gettleman did on Teddy Williams.

FFS, Shorts signed a 2 year, $6M contract with the Texans. That is the exact fucking price range we can afford. I have zero problem with us not going after guys like Cobb, Maclin and Torrey Smith. Splashing around that kind of cash is not what we need to do, but to not even bother with a cheap, productive guy like Shorts is just stupid.

You have got to be kidding me. I would have been psyched to get him for 2 years, $7M.

There were definitely rumors that we talked to shorts

Still some guys out there... Crabtree, Bowe, Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Britt

There were definitely rumors that we talked to shorts

Still some guys out there... Crabtree, Bowe, Jennings, Stevie Johnson, Britt

Those were from twitter accounts with parody-level credibility though.

Britt re-signed with the Rams. Stevie is going to decide between the Chargers and the Pats. Bowe is currently locked in a closet in Cleveland with a contract and a pen. Haven't heard much on Crabtree or Jennings but I'd be very surprised if Gettleman was willing to spend the kind of money they are likely to command. $4-5M per year is probably the minimum they will cost.

It may be time to accept that Ted Ginn is our big WR signing for the year unless Hakeem Nicks begs to come home for peanuts.

Gettleman confirms that Oher will play LT.....:/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back