• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol did Josh Norman really call the NFL's office to ask if his TD celebration was kosher because he knew he'd take Jameis back to the house? I heard it teased on ESPN Radio today but didn't hear the interview.

Lol did Josh Norman really call the NFL's office to ask if his TD celebration was kosher because he knew he'd take Jameis back to the house? I heard it teased on ESPN Radio today but didn't hear the interview.

pay him everything

The Seahawks aren't good, but it's going to be tough to beat them in their house.

Eh, Detroit almost did it and they're a disaster. Having Luke back will be huge.

We'll see next week at Cincy if the Seahawks get their swagger back.

Cordarelle Patterson on the block. Several teams are supposedly interested. Are we one of them? Do we have any late round pics left?
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2015/1...-one-team-interested-in-cordarrelle-patterson

I say "no" bc he is a poor route runner. But he's big and he has KO return experience - once he was quite good at it.

He also can't catch. He is basically Ginn 2.0, right down to the crappy dueling college programs from which NFL teams inexplicably keep drafting receivers who can't catch.

Patterson wouldn't make this team better.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/201...ions-from-the-bucs-panthers-game-with-answers

Now this is a story all about how some guy off a practice squad took Jameis down. I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you the more about the story of the Fresh Prince of Delaire. From Bloomfield, Connecticut, born and raised, down at Towson is where he spent his college days. Working out, practicing, working on his craft, his name was never called in the 2015 Draft, then a couple of teams that saw a good trend signed him to the squad as a defensive end. CJ tweaked a hammy and the Panthers got scared, they called up his agent and said "we need some Delaire."

5/10

I'd be down for Patterson over Philly, but the Panthers love Philly more than life so no

UzoE7Vy.jpg

There's an NFL stat called the Toxic Differential that is supposed to be an indicator of team balance and strength. It adds your turnover margin to your big play differential. Any passing play that is 25+ yards and any rushing play that is 10+ yards is deemed a big play.

So the Panthers have played a weak schedule and haven't exactly dominated in point differential (currently 7th in NFL). But they have absolutely dominated the toxic differential, leading by a fair amount in both turnover margin and big play differential.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/toxic-differential/2015/

r1xwsl.jpg

Props to the guys who called Norman being a stud. I definitely underestimated how good he was this summer

Where are the almighty Pats? Crusin' for a bruisin

They've played already had a bye but are surprisingly -5 in big play differential. FWIW they've been keeping this stat since 1990 and last years Seahawks that lost to the Pats in the SB had the highest of all time with a +76. The Pats were 14th. The year before when they won the Super Bowl they led the league also at +66.

eta: the interesting thing about the stat is that the two parts of the metric are at odds, right? you try to create big plays, you're more likely to turn it over. you try to jump a route or strip a ball for a turnover, you might give up a big play. you play soft coverage to avoid giving up big plays and you won't get many turnovers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back