• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my ignorance, did you guys release him or did his rookie contract end?

Rookie deal ended, he was franchised this past season

Got paid $13mm to play one game and we still made the 2nd round of the playoffs

Haterzzzzz

He played one year under franchise tag.

The Cowboys deal is good in that they've completely mitigated the risk in signing him, but he's still getting paid a lot of money if everything turns out kosher that I'm not sure we could have afforded to pay this year anyway. A lot of that has to do with the final death throes of Hurney's mistakes.

I feel like you guys would have been fine from a PR standpoint if you had brought him back. Don't see anyone crucifying the Vikings for holding on to AP, and Carolina isn't the biggest market in the world. Are you sure it just wasn't because of financial reasons?

Market doesn't have to do with anything... it's a hard cap league. We definitely didn't try to re-sign him because of what happened last year, we didn't even try to negotiate with him. But what he ultimately got paid might not have made sense for the Panthers.

Was talking about the Panthers' market in regards to media/PR. Seems dumb to not even try to negotiate with him.

Well the team/market took it pretty hard on the chin from the national media last year after Hardy played 1 game. Also, his NFL case isn't even resolved yet and he'd be a bigger distraction in Carolina than anywhere else.

Was talking about the Panthers' market in regards to media/PR. Seems dumb to not even try to negotiate with him.

Jerry said no is the answer you're looking for.

Whatever, Greg has always been kind of an idiot and the first time he got a huge paycheck he royally fucked it up... regardless of how culpable you think he is. Jerry is an old gasbag but I don't blame him on this.

Whatever, Greg has always been kind of an idiot and the first time he got a huge paycheck he royally fucked it up... regardless of how culpable you think he is. Jerry is an old gasbag but I don't blame him on this.

Agree on all points.

After Rae Carruth, we don't mess around with this stuff anymore

Signed Alan Ball from the jags. 30 years old, 1 year, $2 million contract. Should take PT from Melvin white.

Basically the third year with a new secondary.

@josephperson: Free agent CB Alan Ball is visiting the #Panthers later today, per league source. No deal done, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back