• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olsen's extension creates $1.5M in cap space for 2015. It's not much but that can equate to $7.5M in signing bonus money for free agents should Gettleman choose to spend it that way.

Olsen's extension creates $1.5M in cap space for 2015. It's not much but that can equate to $7.5M in signing bonus money for free agents should Gettleman choose to spend it that way.

Ain't goin to the dolla stow no mo

You are wrong. Coonass is to LA as Redneck is to GA or FL etc.
Coonass is bayou folk.

Coonass is an ethnically based term for Cajuns.

Coonass, or Coon-ass is used in reference to a person of Cajun ethnicity. Many consider it an insult but others consider it a compliment or badge of honor. Although many Cajuns use the word in regard to themselves, other Cajuns view the term as an ethnic slur against the Cajun people, especially when used by non-Cajuns. Socioeconomic factors appear to influence how Cajuns are likely to view the term: working-class Cajuns tend to regard the word "coonass" as a badge of ethnic pride, whereas middle- and upper-class Cajuns are more likely to regard the term as insulting or degrading, even when used by fellow Cajuns in reference to themselves.[1] (In Sociolinguistics, this type of behavior is termed covert prestige.) Despite an effort by Cajun activists to stamp out the term, it can be found on T-shirts, hats, and bumper stickers throughout Acadiana, the 22-parish Cajun homeland in south Louisiana.[1] The term is also used by some of Cajun descent in nearby East Texas and Mississippi.

How is "redneck" not an ethnic term?

Oh God here we got with racial and ethnic shit on a sports board. I really hope we can get Cam a better WR corp and shore up the secondary and oh-line.

Can we create a new thread for Charlotte vs Atlanta? And apparently one for what is and is not racist?

Damn brandon Marshall would have been incredible.. I know it was unlikely, but to see him go to the Jets and essentially end his relevancy is depressing..

Meh, idk. Marshall would have fit our 2 - 3 year window, but Cobb has still been my #1 offseason target from the get go. Especially if we'd let him return punts. I just feel like Marshall is a better KB, when what we need is a young Steve Smith. We'd essentially be the Bears receiving core if we got Marshall.

Sadly, Cobb just isn't happening for the Panthers. The numbers being floated for him right now are in the $11-12M per year range which is way more than we can pay and way more than he is probably worth

Sadly, Cobb just isn't happening for the Panthers. The numbers being floated for him right now are in the $11-12M per year range which is way more than we can pay and way more than he is probably worth

Yeah, I just read what Cobb was asking for and deleted my post.

While it will be sad to pass up this group of WR's in the draft, I've shifted to wanting to sign Doug Free and draft another OL, preferably DJ Humphries. I'm just not as sold on Remmers as some.

Man, the Seahawks really lucked out. Most mocks have them taking either Gurley, Strong, or Green-Beckham. You're not supposed to get players THAT good THAT late.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just read what Cobb was asking for and deleted my post >.<

While it will be sad to pass up this group of WR's in the draft, I've shifted to wanting to sign Doug Free and draft another OL, preferably DJ Humphries. I'm just not as sold on Remmers as some.

That plus going with a WR in the 2nd works.

According to Bill Voth we are trying to get deals done with Oher and Ginn before Tuesday. Jacoby Jones was another target but he's gone to the Chargers.

That's underwhelming. Those look like veteran depth moves as opposed to a starting LT and return man. Not even insurance.

Don't really want Oher, but as long as we don't see him as a fix like we did Byron Bell, and we still go with an OT in the first round, I think that would qualify as sufficiently addressing our OL problem given our options.

It's also nice to have some faith in our GM again. Obviously none of our opinions on this board matter as far as actual decisions go, but it's nice to know that even if the Panthers don't go with who we as a board think they should (see Kony Ealy) , that Gettleman has earned some trust with whatever he decides.

Last edited:
What's the verdict on the Kony pick so far? Seemed like he found his game in the 2nd half of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back