• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Bersin was growing up, his father lived in the same cul-de-sac as Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, an All-American receiver at Wofford who played two seasons with the Baltimore Colts.

Bersin concedes the Panthers’ Wofford ties – in addition to Richardson, team president Danny Morrison played basketball at Wofford and was the school’s athletics director for 13 years – helped him get a chance with the Panthers.

I'm sure this has been posted here before but this is some garbage you shouldn't even see in middle school. If that scrub makes the team again and I was a season ticket holder I would be writing a letter right to Jerry. Just ridiculous. Hopefully cam/Rivera/gettleman shut this down

Every article written about about our FA possibilities always seems to include a line about Cam's contract holding us up. Maybe we're not signing anyone for big money until that's done?

When Bersin was growing up, his father lived in the same cul-de-sac as Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, an All-American receiver at Wofford who played two seasons with the Baltimore Colts.

Bersin concedes the Panthers’ Wofford ties – in addition to Richardson, team president Danny Morrison played basketball at Wofford and was the school’s athletics director for 13 years – helped him get a chance with the Panthers.

I'm sure this has been posted here before but this is some garbage you shouldn't even see in middle school. If that scrub makes the team again and I was a season ticket holder I would be writing a letter right to Jerry. Just ridiculous. Hopefully cam/Rivera/gettleman shut this down

Eh. Bersin was a solid WR from scrimmage and would be a promising 5th WR on the roster. I'd be happy if we're in the position that Bersin and Philly are competing for the last spot.

Bersin will be blocking for Ginn on punts, not returning them. Dude was a good 5th receiver spelling KB whenever he needed a break. In fact, he might've had our most impressive catch of the season. And everyone was a fan until he was forced into punt return duty, which he hadn't done since high school and was being "coached" how to do so by Rivera's best friend, who has now been assigned to his true role of hanging out around the team and being one of Rivera's boys. He's gonna have to make the team again in training camp and preseason, if he proves capable of doing so, great. He makes a VERY convenient scapegoat for the actual nepotism that happened in the franchise and really hurt our team though. Our kicking, blocking, and returning were complete shitshows, and who was running that?

Remind me why Philly isn't a punt returner again?

He also fumbled with great regularity, and he was done with it after his concussion.

He also fumbled with great regularity, and he was done with it after his concussion.

Thanks. I think Philly may need to get over it if he wants to stay in the NFL.

Philly seemed better than Bersin at everything imo

What have you guys seen from bersin that makes you think hes anything more than a pretty good college receiver? There's a reason 31 other NFL teams have no idea who this guy is. Poor Cam

Also, philly was pretty bad returning punts last year. Not saying that can't change, but the one td he had was actually a result of him inexplicably not calling for a fair catch, and then getting a lucky bounce.

I think a lot of these signings are insurance in case the draft doesn't go our way or major talent falls in a different position. I could see Bersin getting cut. Gman is simply adding OT, WR and hopefully CB to add depth to the roster. Once the draft comes around any one of these guys are liable to be relegated to backup or even cut based on how the draft falls. Having bodies to put into our two huge holes at least gives us flexibility that we don't have to reach in the 1st or 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers draft 2 WR this draft as well adding further competition at the position.

Email conversation I had with the late, great poster Kitley's Moustache during the wild card game:

QC: So awful. Lucky he didn't fumble an earlier punt too.
KM: I'm fascinated by it. I think Jerry should put him in Benjamin's position to let him really show off his skills.
QC: Should run the Wildcat with him.
KM: Ridiculous. Most of the time when you're the owner's friend/neighbor and you want him to give your kid a job, he gets placed in an entry level marketing job....

I'm sure this has been posted here before but this is some garbage you shouldn't even see in middle school.

Or in the Wake football program, for that matter

i would like to see the panthers get percy harvin for the right price, high upside with low risk

Low risk? The guy is the ultimate team cancer, he has already been run off of two teams because of his personality and the only subsequent taker was a team that prides itself on being a circus. A team that let go of Steve Smith because of locker room influence isn't going anywhere near Percy Harvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back