• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed some dude named teddy williams, I think he's a CB

We overpaid for this guy but I like this signing overall. We were awful on special teams coverages this year and this is a step to improve it.

Apparently he's the dude who made Philly Brown fumble a punt in the Bears game.

The same punt Philly then picked up and ran back for a TD

Apparently he's the dude who made Philly Brown fumble a punt in the Bears game.

The same punt Philly then picked up and ran back for a TD

Not so much as force a fumble, but instead he hit Philly about 2 full seconds before the ball got there and got flagged. Which of course was declined for the TD.

Any chance we actually sign Hardy? I'm a little surprised he hasn't been signed yet by anyone, or am I forgetting some stipulation and he isn't free to sign yet...

Any chance we actually sign Hardy? I'm a little surprised he hasn't been signed yet by anyone, or am I forgetting some stipulation and he isn't free to sign yet...

He can sign but no one is going to do anything until the NFL issues their verdict on his punishment. Rumors are he is getting some interest around the league but my bet is that's Rosenhaus leaking that in order to try and create a market.

DeAngelo Williams to the Steelers. Remember back when the franchise first started when we had a few Steelers retreads? Payback, I guess.

10401500_1632791256942663_2414177904084955877_n.jpg

Panthers sign S Kurt Coleman to two year deal. Led the Chiefs in picks last year with three.

Pretty solid stats in his four seasons with the Iggles before last year with the CHEFS. Not a superstar but definitely a solid player aka better than Decoud/Harper.

According to Voth, he can play both safety positions and is a solid ST'er. Seems like a decent enough signing assuming we didn't way overpay.

Decoud is already gone, so this is depth and competition for tre

What dictates what kind of FA compensatory pick we get for Hardy leaving? The size of his deal? Feels like we're going to get screwed there as well.

What dictates what kind of FA compensatory pick we get for Hardy leaving? The size of his deal? Feels like we're going to get screwed there as well.

There are other factors like playing time and if he makes a pro bowl but it mostly comes down to the average yearly value of his new deal. We also will need to sign less true UFA's than other teams sign of our UFA's which means only players with expired contracts. Anyone released doesn't count like Ted Ginn coming in or DeAngelo going out. Right now we have 3 in and 1 out so we wouldn't be getting anything as it stands now. We are probably looking at a 4th round comp pick if he is signed for $6M+ per year, to get a 3rd his contract will have to be in the $9M+ range which is looking pretty unlikely. Of course that also requires more teams to sign our UFA's of which we have barely any that are worthwhile signings.

So it is based on actual number of players leaving or coming to see if you even get one, rather than the amount of money they signed for? That doesn't make sense. Adding Teddy Williams is not equivalent to losing Greg Hardy.

They don't publicize the formula but historically that is how it has worked. Teams that usually clean up with comp picks like the Pats, Seahawks and Ravens typically target released players rather than players whose contract expired to maximize their picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back