• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's underwhelming. Those look like veteran depth moves as opposed to a starting LT and return man. Not even insurance.

Basically just filling holes with cheap vets so Gettleman doesn't feel forced to overspend in FA or reach in the draft to fill a need. It's a sound strategy and lets him operate comfortably. If we don't continue to look at upgrading those positions then I will be worried, but getting those two guys before free agency starts is a smart move.

Damn. Guess I finally need to watch The Blind Side now.

Two years? Ugh, there better be hardly anything guaranteed.

That's underwhelming. Those look like veteran depth moves as opposed to a starting LT and return man. Not even insurance.

Ginn is still a REALLY good punt returner (in spite of what happened in the playoff game). Oher we'll see -- I def hope he isn't our LT solution

Ginn is still a REALLY good punt returner (in spite of what happened in the playoff game). Oher we'll see -- I def hope he isn't our LT solution

I get the idea of bringing in a veteran. It's just we went through this last year thinking there was no way GMan wasn't going to take a LT with only Byron Bell as a possible starter. And he didn't take an LT.

REALLY good? He wasn't a Top 10 Punt Returner last year. His production has greatly fallen. I don't seen him being valuable in the Panthers offense or ST.

We do have Ginn to thank for this.

REALLY good? He wasn't a Top 10 Punt Returner last year. His production has greatly fallen. I don't seen him being valuable in the Panthers offense or ST.

He was 11th among returners with more than 10 returns. I don't think you're gonna find better in free agency.

And given the nightmares we've gone through trying youngsters out at returning punts, I want someone who's done the job.

People were down on Ginn I guess because he played for Ohio State or something but he was a very valuable piece for us

He was 11th among returners with more than 10 returns. I don't think you're gonna find better in free agency.

And given the nightmares we've gone through trying youngsters out at returning punts, I want someone who's done the job.

People were down on Ginn I guess because he played for Ohio State or something but he was a very valuable piece for us

Yeah, his objective value may not be great, but relative to what we have, he's a stud.

I think Oher will be fine as a tackle to spend the first couple games easing the transition of what is hopefully a 1st round LT we draft and then serving as a swing tackle (or supplanting Remmers) the rest of the year. 2 years is fine- the obvious key is how much is guaranteed in that 2 years.

He is reuniting with his original OL coach- maybe that helps.

He is reuniting with his original OL coach- maybe that helps.

This part may be key and the only thing that gives me much hope with this signing other than he's just a body so a rookie doesn't have to start right away.

Let's just call a spade a spade, Oher is terrible. Wouldn't mind bringing Ginn back though, I can't take another season of Bersin flailing around under punts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back