• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part may be key and the only thing that gives me much hope with this signing other than he's just a body so a rookie doesn't have to start right away.

Makes me worried that the staff and GMan are true believers in Oher.

Oher is alright... Just hope that's not our end solution at LT

I have a feeling we might end up with Torrey Smith

I think I'd feel better with Remmers at LT and Oher at RT

I have a feeling we might end up with Torrey Smith

I think we go after him but I think someone overpays for him and he goes elsewhere. We probably end up with Cecil Shorts.

Oher has spent the last few years at RT. Might be the plan

I think we go after him but I think someone overpays for him and he goes elsewhere. We probably end up with Cecil Shorts.
Honestly.... I would love Shorts, I think that dude can play

Oher is alright... Just hope that's not our end solution at LT

I don't mean to belabor the point, but he's really not. To quote RotoWorld, "[he] has been a disaster as both a pass and run blocker the past two seasons. The lowly Titans cut him in February, after just one season into a four year, $20 million deal. The Panthers will be in trouble if they end up counting on Oher to make starts."

He wasn't graded among the top 25 FA OTs. He posted a -2.4 overall rating on PFF last season. That is utterly abysmal.

I don't mean to belabor the point, but he's really not. To quote RotoWorld, "[he] has been a disaster as both a pass and run blocker the past two seasons. The lowly Titans cut him in February, after just one season into a four year, $20 million deal. The Panthers will be in trouble if they end up counting on Oher to make starts."

He wasn't graded among the top 25 FA OTs. He posted a -2.4 overall rating on PFF last season. That is utterly abysmal.

But he's coming off a nagging toe injury that he's had for years, got surgery and is now finally completely healthy for the first time in years!

I'm totally going to talk myself into this being a good signing which will only lead to utter disappointment about two weeks into September. Hooray!

Ok.... So we won't depend on him to start

For as bad as he's been, he's still better than Byron Bell

It must suck to have a massive pussy as the QB of your team. I feel bad for my boy Julio.

My guess is that TAB relates to Matty Ice bc they share that quality.

Ginn's problem was that all of his drops were seemingly on the few perfect deep balls Cam threw that would have been tuddies. He was actually pretty reliable catching the mid distance bullets iirc.

Reasonable take from SI. The question is we can get him as a #2 WR with #2 money.

•​ Torrey Smith, WR: Smith scored a career-best 11 touchdowns last season, while posting a career-worst 767 yards receiving. Therein lies the difficulty in figuring Smith's value: he is among the best big-play threats in all of football, but how much more can he bring to the table?Smith and quarterback Joe Flaccodeveloped a strong rapport over Smith's time in Baltimore. In fact, Flacco often relied on heaving the ball deep to Smith when his other options were not available. Smith wound up leading the league last season in pass interference calls drawn, at 12.
After Randall Cobb and Jeremy Maclin come off the board, Smith stands atop the list of free-agent receivers. However, he's not really a No. 1 guy, but rather a complementary piece that can stretch the field for more reliable threats underneath. Will a team pay him to be more?

I'm with buckets on Cecil Shorts III. Been a very good player on a terrible team.

Either would be better than Lance Moore, who the Observ was suggesting today

The newest Panthers fan, the Blind Side lady.

11009849_838347059571085_6325086067212267887_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back