• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with buckets on Cecil Shorts III. Been a very good player on a terrible team.

Either would be better than Lance Moore, who the Observ was suggesting today

Agreed.

Hell no on Lance Moore. He sucks now. He's an older, slower Philly Brown. I wouldn't even bother with him.

Randall Cobb off the board. 4 years/$40M to stay with the Packers.

That's a lil pricy right? Let's hope for Torrey Smith.. I doubt we get anyone who makes a headline. Given the track record.

We were never really in the market for Cobb. He works best in the slot, would be too expensive and we need an outside WR and deep threat. However, the report that Cobb had 6-7 other offers that were as good or better means there is a shítload of money out there available for WR's and that we might need start looking farther down the list of top WR free agents for guys we might realistically get. Torrey Smith is a pipe dream right now and someone will probably pay him $8-9M per year. Shorts probably goes from realistic option to best case scenario. Not thrilled about this.

Kareem Jackson going for $8.5M per year likely prices us out of the good CB market and there is almost nothing left at OT. Bulaga probably re-signs and that leaves Barksdale as really the only good OT left.

Really worried at this point all we get is Oher, Ginn and a few cheap, over the hill vets and call it a day.

That's a lil pricy right? Let's hope for Torrey Smith.. I doubt we get anyone who makes a headline. Given the track record.

Cobb took a "considerable" discount to stay in GB. See my "sky is falling" post for more.

I'm not really in love with any FAs at this point. I'd rather just roll with rookies and bargains than risk overpaying someone like Torrey Smith.

I'm not really in love with any FAs at this point. I'd rather just roll with rookies and bargains than risk overpaying someone like Torrey Smith.

Agree. No reason to pay for a guy that is far from a sure thing.

Cecil Shorts!!! He's the man, go get him g-man

Cecil Shorts!!! He's the man, go get him g-man

Whoa. I think I know what's going on here. buckets just wants to clear out the Jax WR corps for his boi Marqise Lee. B

Probably wants to trade Cam for Bortles.

Am I dumb for thinking that Benjamin+Philly+Ginn is actually a halfway decent receiving corps?

Am I dumb for thinking that Benjamin+Philly+Ginn is actually a halfway decent receiving corps?

Still needs a #2 receiver. I guess Cotchery is the #2.

Not awe inspiring, but probably better than last year. Maybe we pick somebody up in the draft or find another bargain free agent. Otherwise, we'll see what happens the following year.

A stud WR #2 would make our WR lineup pretty solid. Now fix the O-line and I think we are in business.

Even with Ginn, I'd like a speedier dude opposite Kelvin than Crabtree.

But more than likely Biff is right and we won't be adding anyone else major in free agency at receiver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back