• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

I look forward to the Deadspin article tomorrow about how the Braves are the "protectors of baseball sportsmanship" after we ear hole Harper for that home run reaction at the plate.

Gosselin almost single handedly takes the lead for us off Chapman in the 9th. Johnson on to close.

How is the Cubs thread 6 pages longer than ours????? SHAME!!!

Looking like we got the better end of the deal with the cards.

Baseball industry types thought St. Louis overpaid from the get go. Miller's components continue to improve, striking out a lot of guys his last couple of starts.

Somewhat terrifying- the Carolina Mudcats bus flipped on its side but all injuries appear minor.

Markakis was a good signing...remember when we had Heywards lead off.

This team could use another quality starter...and some more consistent relief from the bullpen. The 'gambles' on Stults and Cahill obviously aren't paying off.

Odds on a couple of pitching acquisitions come mid-season? Does Atlanta make a move for Hamels? Dillon Gee? Or do they choose to baptize by fire one of the current AAA pitchers?

I guess it depends in part on where the team finds itself in the standings.

I have been surprised by the offense and disappointed in the pitching overall (though Miller seems to be holding his own). Folty showing some promise, too...Teheran has the yips. Wood in the proverbial sophomore slump.

Back