• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

I think there is some concern about his ability to handle center but he's had a terrific year so far.

Just saw that as well. If Peraza's arm is strong enough to play CF, shouldn't it be strong enough to play 3B?

Just saw that as well. If Peraza's arm is strong enough to play CF, shouldn't it be strong enough to play 3B?

Arm strength is the least south out tool of the 5 for a CF. 3rd base arm strength is probably the 2nd most important. There are plenty of CFs in the MLB who do not have great arms.

Peraza, Peterson, and Mallex are all very exciting young guys, but the Braves are going to have to find some power from SOMEWHERE, especially given that at least 2 of Simba, C-Bet, and Markakis are also likely locked into the lineup for the next few years.

We don't need a bunch of 30 hr hitters, but it is also tough to score enough runs when your lineup is filled with guys who SLG under .400

Davidson has shown some signs of life but Ruiz has not had a good year. Both are probably among the five youngest players in their league at least.

Wonder (I do that a lot) if we'll see a trade for some bullpen help, including a long reliever who could spot start. Guess we'll see in a month or so...

The bullpen folding has got to be at least somewhat demoralizing...

DOB posted some bullpen numbers today on twitter that were staggering. Bravos basically last in every single pitching stat imaginable. Really ugly.

If Carpenter returns he can throw BP to Uribe to relive the massive choke vs LA in the palyoffs. Carpenter seemed to alsways suck in prime time. No thanks.

This is maddening. With an average bullpen we'd be in first.

Gotta be ATLEAST 8 WINs we do not have on our record cause of our bullpen.

I went to bed after 10th. Saw this coming a mile away though. Pathetic work from bullpen. Again.

Back