• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

We are pursuing Wellington. I worry that we are trying to win right now, too early.

Went to the Aces game last night. Acuna had one awful at bat and a single where he then stole second and advanced to third. He threw a seed from right on a medium depth fly out that should have had the runner out at home but the catcher couldn't come up with it on a hop. He looks more advanced physically than most 19 year olds.

Peter Moylan, the pitching coach, had a HOF mound visit at a critical time, which we laughed about on the field after the game. He isn't ready to call it quits and is talking to 8 or 9 teams about a finding a bullpen role next year. He looked in way better shape than I remember him ever being in. We talked about his years with the team and the direction of the current regime. You could tell he considers himself a Brave at heart and feels like the organization has really taken care of him.

They play a different game in Australia for sure and do cricket cheers in the stands. There were about 4 of us in the whole park who knew the words to take me out to the ballgame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a cool report. When you say they play a different game, an example?

Bullpen usage, cleanup hitter bunting for hits with runners on, tiny dimensions, big strike zone, etc.

5 years, $30.525 million. Seems like a steal. 2 free agency years, too.

Just reading that deal for Shelby Miller in that article still makes my jaw drop to the floor a year later.

"The Braves acquired the 26-year-old Inciarte prior to last season as part of the five-player trade that sent Shelby Miller and minor-leaguer Gabe Speier to the Arizona Diamondbacks in exchange for Inciarte, shortstop prospect Dansby Swanson and pitching prospect Aaron Blair."

Robbery, just straight robbery.

Two more 40 man spots cleared. Maybe seems light but Mallex has become overrated by Braves fans and wasn't going to fetch peak value after last year. Something more to come?

Two more 40 man spots cleared. Maybe seems light but Mallex has become overrated by Braves fans and wasn't going to fetch peak value after last year. Something more to come?

klaw tweeted that he had Gohara as the #2 prospect in the Seattle system. I'm assuming their system stinks if that is the case.

Back